Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Microsoft Office Problem

I have encountered a Microsoft Office problem that is stopping me from using Outlook at work. When I double click on the Office icon, I am greeted with the following message -

• Sorry, we ran into an error. Please reload the page, or try again another time. Correlation ID:

I have tried a couple of things based on what I have found online without success. That Correlation ID does not even have an address/code after it. It is just blank. I am hoping that some Office expert on here can help me to resolve the issue!

EDIT: LOL, I have just realised that I can simply click on the Outlook icon in the Start Menu!! :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Interesting. Office has vanished from my pc, just gone. No message, nothing, just disappeared 😞

Rob Jones.

I am reasonably certain that I did not press the "terminate Office on everyone's PC" button when I was troubleshooting......

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have encountered a Microsoft Office problem that is stopping me from using Outlook at work. When I double click on the Office icon, I am greeted with the following message -

3 hours ago, jonesrob said:

Interesting. Office has vanished from my pc, just gone. No message, nothing, just disappeared 😞

Seems like MS are at it again.   Last week I spent a lot of time trying to sort out my wife's pc which, until then, had a fully licenced and activated version of Office Pro 2016 installed. This had worked well for several years.  Overnight an MS update had wiped it out and replaced it with Office Home and Student, which did not work and showed as unlicenced and not activated. I would not have thought this possible, but a quick google search showed numerous similar occurrances in recent years, many reported on the MS website, without any explanations or solutions. 

Using recovery to an earlier date did not work, so I tried reinstalling the original Office Pro software. This installed correctly but the original validation code, which was legitimate, was being rejected as not recognised. My wife needed her pc for business, so after a lot of time wasted on more futile attempts, I ended up buying an oem copy of Office Pro 2021 and installing that, after uninstalling the unuseable rubbish the MS update had installed, and cleaning up thoroughly. 

John B

I've gone back to LibreOffice. Not having much luck lately; GMail has twice this year deleted all my folders and made it useless. Moved to Outlook with fingers crossed.

Rob Jones.

I checked Office again today, and it works now. I guess there must have been a temporary problem.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png