Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Addons linker : if you have a big monitor but no bionic eyes

Hello, i need a little help from people having big monitors.

i've had a few requests in the past months from people using big monitors saying that the UI was a bit too smallish. Being developped on a 1980x1020 monitor, some elements like the toolbar probably looks extra tiny on a 4K monitor and might be a bit straining to the eyes 🧐.

So i took a little time to completely redo the toolbar using another technique that allows the size to be changed (same for the little buttons). The images had to be changed too because of the new technique used, so some are not exactly the same as before but that should not be an issue.

I don't have a 4K monitor (and probably won't have in the near future 🙄) so i would grateful if someone could do a little test and let me know if that change works fine and if it'is worth completing it or not. If it is, i'll do the changes also on the other screens (for now it's just on the main screen) and include that for the next official version.

You can change the size in the options screen (last tab). The default size is 16 (ok i guess for 1980x1020), 24 is probably a good choice for 2560x1440 and 32 is probably good for 4K monitor. But you can put whatever value you want in the options screen to match your personal preference.

As a reminder, you can also change the font size for 4K monitor, that will probably render everything a bit more pleasant to the eyes when used in conjunction with the new icon size setting.

the test version also contains other little changes included based on requests since the last version but nothing major (from the top of my head, f5 hotkey to refresh the lists, ability to hide empty folder in the main view, polygonal selection on the map, few possible crashes fixes, and some more little tweaks here and there ....)

Link to replacement test EXE (you still need need all the other files that come with the official version) -> https://gofile.io/d/bR1pZc

NEW LINK as of 3.11pm CET due to missing file in previous ZIP.

Thank you 🍻

iYHsWIo.jpg

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 2

Hello - Having trouble starting the program using the new executable and simconnect file.

The starting progress bar comes up for a second or so and then shuts down.

I restore the original files and Addons Linker starts normally.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Hi  "Bad boy" 🙂
Same here, the prog won't start.

Thanks again for your great and essential tool.
🍻

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

ohoh sorry for that 😱.. did you replace the EXE and DLL but still kept all other files in the folder (in the folder you should still have 30+ files), the EXE and DLL alone are not enough, you need all other official files too. Maybe i should have been more clear in my original post.

Edited by Bad_T

Just now, Bad_T said:

ohoh .. did you replace the EXE and DLL but still kept all other file the other files (in the folder you should still have 30+ files), the EXE and DLL alone are not enough, you need all other official files too. Maybe i should have been more clear in my original post.

Yes, I am just replacing the two files but keeping all the other original files.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

oky thank you, i'm checking to see if i see something that i would have done wrong in building the EXE, i need also to test from another PC that is not the development PC (which i should have done before posting here 😳).

i could reproduce the issue on another PC, some file is probably missing, need to find out which one i need to include.

i will post a new ZIP as soon as it's fixed, i'll remove it from now in the first post

Sorry for the trouble 🙈

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bad_T said:

i could reproduce the issue on another PC, some file is probably missing, need to find out which one i need to include.

i will post a new ZIP as soon as it's fixed, i'll remove it from now in the first post

Sorry for the trouble 🙈

Please don't be sorry! Thanks for all the work you do for the community.

• Like 5

David Webster

Just tried the new .exe (thanks for the PM on FS.to) and yeah it crashes on startup. See pictures below:

ZWrVkuJ.png

EsxWpVC.png

The new version works well, here are 2 pics from my phone showing how the increased font and icons look on a 4K monitor.

Before:

1uahjXw.jpg

After (Font 16.00, Icons 32, DPI Aware enabled):

gPYqVlb.jpg

Edited by Avantime
  • Like 1

Working for me now too.

The new scaling options look good!

Using 24 at 3440X1440 works nicely for me.

Thanks again for keeping Addons Linker fresh and up to date. 

• Like 2

David Webster

38 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

yep thank you all for the report, it should be fixed now with the new link (first post also updated) -> https://gofile.io/d/bR1pZc

a DLL containing the new images was missing 😱.

Thanks for your time 🍻

Working fine for me , too  (4K Monitor.)

Thank you.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Addon linker is like a good bottle of Bordeaux wine. Getting better and better with time.

Same one, US version:
Addon linker is like a good bottle of ketchup. Getting better and better with time.
😄

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.