Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Addons linker : if you have a big monitor but no bionic eyes

Thank you for your feedback, yep if you have windows scaling at 200% it's probably good enough to make everything big enough. All this is optional so in your case you can just leave default settings (the new version has new 'vector based' icons, they should probably resize better with 200% scaling than the old ones and look less 'blurry' hopefully)

🍻

• Like 1

@Bad_T Thanks for the update. Just a little note that when launching additional programs they are not closing down with "close when sim closes" box ticked, this was working fine in SU9 but not so far with SU10.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

oh strange, SU10 should not make any difference with that feature, i will run some tests on my end, thanks @MarcG for letting me know 🍻

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

oh strange, SU10 should not make any difference with that feature, i will run some tests on my end, thanks @MarcG for letting me know 🍻

Sorry ignore that they are now after I checked the boxes again, maybe that section needed resaving or something(?)

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

ah hmm .. shouldn't need to be re-saved or anything but, i just did a quick test and it seems to work for me too, but well maybe sometimes it just does strange things 🙃

• Like 1

Ok thanks sorry to cause alarm 😄

woops sorry to bring this back up 🙊

Looks like there are some kind and friendly souls here so i take advantage of it to ask a few more testers for the new unreleased version. I have completed the UI overhaul started with the previous version (now the main menu and contextual menu have also been updated to new scalable vector images). I have also added 3 new themes based on the W11 standard (1 light, 2 dark) and a few more requests/fixes.

This version also contains a new version of the base components so you are required to replace all files included in the ZIP and not only the EXE.

Link --> https://gofile.io/d/qovrvq

Having a few testers here makes me more confident before releasing the real official version hopefully this weekend (bit too many users now, and some get angry rather quickly if i release a version with a flagrant fault 😱😜😁)

Changes (in a nutshell)

• finished the UI overhaul (menu are now up to par with the toolbar)
  • 3 new more modern 'windows 11' based themes (1 light, 2 black) .. please try them .. the Themes are now in the 7th 😱 tab of the options screen  (the 3 themes available in previous versions are still available)
  • several little color fixes for dark themes
  • several fixes in the preset en dependencies screen (windows position saved / selected elements counter were not working / colors based on the color set in the options screen / scalable red/green images)
  • new quick preset selector near the 'launch sim' button
  • ability to hide the community panel if you don't need to see it (little toggle button in the toolbar and in the tools menu)
  • new little options (possibilty to show a checkbox to the first root level, possible now to auto-show the preset selector screen when launching the sim)
  • little things

With Canada WU release probably not the good time to post this but well it was a rainy week, had more time so it's ready now 😛

thank you very much 🍻😍

Edited by Bad_T

Working well here. Love the Windows 11 (Dark II) theme.

Looks very slick!

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

DPI aware mode on 4k makes the fonts really tiny.

Turned it off and kept using the font sized options and all is good again.

Appreciate the add on in any case.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

1440p monitor, full screens

version 13

spacer.png

========================

version 18 beta (font is darker)

RwRflvn.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@Barnes Thank you 🍻

@JSmith2112 If you use both the 'fonts size' option by increasing the default one and the 'enable DPI' option do they still look tiny ? I think both options should be used together (that dpi option is a bit of a 'short in the dark' for me because i could never really test 😱😜). Thank you. 🍻

@Fielder i think the green color is an option in the options screen 'colorize (green) selected folder', i probably broke it by doing other changes in one of the more recent version since 0.13. I will check that this evening. Thank you 🍻

6 hours ago, Bad_T said:

If you use both the 'fonts size' option by increasing the default one and the 'enable DPI' option do they still look tiny ? I think both options should be used together (that dpi option is a bit of a 'short in the dark' for me because i could never really test 😱😜

High DPI and increased font size doesn't work out to well on my 4k TV. Some of the text is still really small.

What looks best to me is:

Application font size: 10,25
Application icons/buttons size: 24
High DPI mode: Off

I occasionally do a little C# programming for my own trivial projects and I appreciate what a pain in the behind it can be to get high DPI working properly.  😊

BTW, I can't find the themes setting anywhere?

• Like 1

@JSmith2112 thanks for the precisions, oh well yeah that dpi checkbox is even mysterious to me 😱😂🙃 and not being able to test makes it even harder. Some users told me it was better, some not, so it's very experimental, the goal was to have the text and images less blurry on high DPI monitors (in the latest version the images should be fixed anyway because they got converted to scalable vectors that should resize perfectly).

can you maybe please give one text that doesn't look small and one text that does look small so i can check if there's something different in the code between the two ?

The themes are available in that same UI options tab if you have the new beta version from yesterday (5-6 posts before this one, link was this one -> https://gofile.io/d/qovrvq ).

🍻

ZsmELTi.jpg

@Fielder i checked that 'green folder color' option, it's an old option that was pretty much replaced by the colors in the colors tab of the options screen, so yep when i did some other changes i forget about that old option and it was not working anymore. It's an easy fix so i will restore that option if some people still use it.

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bad_T said:

thanks for the precisions, oh well yeah that dpi checkbox is even mysterious to me 😱😂🙃 and not being able to test makes it even harder. Some users told me it was better, some not, so it's very experimental, the goal was to have the text and images less blurry on high DPI monitors (in the latest version the images should be fixed anyway because they got converted to scalable vectors that should resize perfectly).

can you maybe please give one text that doesn't look small and one text that does look small so i can check if there's something different in the code between the two ?

The themes are available in that same UI options tab if you have the new beta version from yesterday (5-6 posts before this one, link was this one -> https://gofile.io/d/qovrvq ).

@Bad_T My apologies, I now have the theme UI option. What happened is that your zip folder extracted to a slightly differently named folder than the one that I already had and my shortcut to launch the program went to the old version.

Now having tried the latest version I think the best look for me personally is to have high DPI off still and simply use the increased font and icon sizes. Please disregard what I said about some fonts still being too small - this was due to mixed up file versions on my end. I guess keep both the DPI option and the font / icon size options unless that makes maintaining the code more difficult.

I'm liking the Windows 11 light theme.

• Like 1

By the way, I use Winaero Tweaker to change all fonts in Windows menus, icons, etc. from 9 regular to 12 bold. I also change the system font with Winaero Tweaker from the default to Georgia Black. Every text in windows apps and browser and email etc. are now so much easier for me to read. 

The only downside is every single Windows update resets all the fonts. So every 3 weeks or so I have to open WT and do all the mouse clicks to reset all the fonts in Windows. You also have to log off of windows and back in after indicating the changes you want to do. This is about twice as fast as restarting windows and does the same thing. There's an icon to click on WT that will log you out and back into Windows immediately. You click that after choosing your changes.

https://winaero.com/winaero-tweaker/

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.