Sign in to follow this  
williehayes52

My View is near the floor.

With every plane I fly, after loading up I get to the "Ready to Fly" screen (so far so good), but when I click Ready to fly, my cockpit view go's down, down, down almost to the floor of each aircraft. I have tried everything I can remember to get the cockpit view back up to the normal view (aircraft windshield). What am I doing wrong?

Edited by williehayes52
used wrong word

39 minutes ago, williehayes52 said:

With every plane I fly, after loading up I get to the "Ready to Fly" screen (so far so good), but when I click Ready to fly, my cockpit view go's down, down, down almost to the floor of each aircraft. I have tried everything I can remember to get the cockpit view back up to the normal view (aircraft windshield). What am I doing wrong?

this  should  fix  it  hopefully

Fix is to go into Options/Controller settings and reset ALL the sensitivity settings for the XBox controller back to defaults, which will add the dead zones back in. Don't forget to scroll down to get the Y-axis for the right stick as well. It seems they reset them with no deadzone, so it's especially sensitive and causes drift with any movement of the stick, which includes subtle off center position even when you're not touching it. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi pete_auau. I am not using the XBox controller. Or, do I use the same procedures for desktop? I have a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS.

pete_auau, one other thing. Does setting the Joystick and throttle have anything to do with views? And, Neither my up arrow or down arrow even work in game; however, in the Control Options, they do light when pressed. Also, when I hit F or Ctrl/ Space the cockpit comes into view, but when I release those keys, my view goes back down to a view of the rudders.

If the view is moving down as soon as you are in the cockpit, it seems there is some button or key making the viewpoint move down.
If you use FSUIPC or any other addon that can interface with MSFS you might have to check that either for anything that could be resonsible.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I am not using FSUIPC or any other addon that can interface with MSFS. I reinstalled MSFS and it did the same thing. A day later, it started working perfectly. Now today it is back to its old tricks--view of the rudder peddles instead of cockpit view out of the windshield. 

4 minutes ago, williehayes52 said:

shamrockflyer, as a matter of fact, I do have FSRealistic installed and I love it.

I think that may be the cause of your issue. There seems to be a rather annoying issue where no matter what aircraft you fly the view continues to descend and pressing F or what ever key you have binded to reset your view it will not reset the view, the only way to reset the viewpoint is to close FSR. I love FSR too, but haven't used it in about two months now because of that persistent issue.

I hope the developer of FSR fixes this, as it really is an immersion killer for me.

Edited by shamrockflyer

shamrockflyer, is it just a matter of not starting FSRealistic before a flight or is there an uninstall procedure you would recommend?

1 hour ago, williehayes52 said:

shamrockflyer, is it just a matter of not starting FSRealistic before a flight or is there an uninstall procedure you would recommend?

Its just a matter of not starting the program, if it does start automatically then you can just exit out of the program and the issue will be fixed.

shamrockflyer, I tried not starting FSR, no joy, then I change the file name, no joy, and lastly I uninstalled the entire program, and still I get the dropping cockpit. Perhaps I should reinstall MSFS and just not install FSRealist; what do you think?

5 hours ago, williehayes52 said:

shamrockflyer, I tried not starting FSR, no joy, then I change the file name, no joy, and lastly I uninstalled the entire program, and still I get the dropping cockpit. Perhaps I should reinstall MSFS and just not install FSRealist; what do you think?

If you have the problem even with FSRealistic closed then it is not the cause. I'm 99% certain it is a conflict with your controllers axis or key binds. 

Try starting the sim with all controllers disconnected and check if it still happens. if it does, check your key bindings.  

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have been using RSRealistic on all my flights and have not noticed this problem on any of the aircraft I have flown.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Thanks guys. I have reinstalled and everything looks OK now. However, this has happened to me twice. If it happens again, I may have to take Alvega's advice and explore the option about controller conflict.