Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

Strange Afcad problem

Hi Guys,

In my many years of FS9 experience I've never seen this strange problem before.

One of my many addon airports (ESMS) has it's own related (normal) Afcad file, like ALL my other airports have and without any of them showing any problems. However, this airport's specific Afcad file seems to remain inactive, which results in the default version prevailing,,AI aircraft parking inside addon buildings, following default taxiways, etc.

I've disassembled the Afcad file concerned into XML but can find nothing wrong with it and that includes the "delete airport" section, which I've (test) copied/pasted from other problem free Afcad files a number of times.

During compilation of the disassembled XML file, no errors were found and not even when the file was opened and re-compiled via ADE. Neither program reports "faults" in their "search for faults" processes.

The only way to correct the problem seems to be to disassemble the default AP951120.bgl file, to delete the default airport completely, followed by re-compiling it. However, I feel that this rather drastic method should not be the correct way..

Ideas anyone ?

Regards

Hans

Hans

Hans,

I came across this message from the other site while searching for the ESMS scenery so I thought it might be of interest...

I mounted in my FS9 an old scenery from Aerosoft with some Scandinavian airports. One of the airports is ESMS Malmö in Scandinavia1.
Whatever I try, always the AI aircraft follow the taxiways of the original FS9 stock airport, running through buildings abd so, and hence do not stop at the desired terminals.
What can be the reason why they do so?
I checked carefully all possible sceneries conflicting with ESMS, but I found nothing that could be of any influence on that prblem. I've tried also to build some exclude files, but neighter did this help.
Does somebody know any reason why this is so?
Greetz
Jive1

I've found the reason why I had that problem....
When the center point of a modified scenery does not exactly meet with the scenter point of the stock scenery, the original stock scenery will not be replaced by the modified one. That is the only explanatio that I could imagine, since... I had moved the center poInt of the modified scenery right to the middle of the modified Afcad, and that gave me the problem.
When however I moved the centerpoint of that modified Afcad back to the place meeting with the center point of the stock airport, the error was gone! Everything is OK now!
Just for information to other simmers who might have a similar problem....
Greetz
Jive1

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?263313-ESMS-Malmö-airport-Sweden-problem

Steve0616 and/or Jive,

Thanks for your reactions but what could be meant by "the center" of the modified (or addon) airport. ?

If it concernes the red spot, which points to the basic Afcad header data, e.g. the airport's name, it's elevation, etc. then many more of my addon airports should be showing the same problems. However, none of them do so, even although quite a few of their red spots have been randomly moved but only for my own "neatness" reasons.

I'll certainly try Jive's method but something keeps telling me that his finding cannot be the basic curative solution and that it must therefore be something within the addon Swedish (ESMS) airport's BGL files, which incidentally, were all coded via the old and now very outdated SCASM scenery developement program.

I'm testing further and will report any findings in this thread.

Regards

Hans

Hans,

Generally speaking, differing airport coordinates are not an issue if you only have two AFD files present (one being the default), but it's not good practice as you will run into trouble if you have three.

Something you may want to try is to move your add-on's AFD file to a new scenery directory higher up the Scenery Library pecking order, so that it loads after the airport itself. There might be another file in the scenery that is clashing with it.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

If you are actually using AFCAD2, the program will give you a listing of any other airports using the same ICAO, which one is active, whether it is 'stock' or 'mod' and where it is stored (File | Properties) … got me out of a hole on a couple of occasions ;)

Wel guys, by following up on Jive's "solution" I took a look at ESMS's red spot position within it's default AP951120.BGL file and found that it was unnaturally far away from the default airport itself. So, within that default AP951120.bgl file, I moved it to more or less the same position as that in my addon Afcad file and then re-compiled it. PRESTO !! problem solved !! I also checked all the other default ESME's attributes but they were all positioned correctly in relation to those in my addon Afcad file..

Jive was therefore correct in that if any addon airport's "Afcad red spot" is too far away from it's default position, it will not be recognized and used as such.

Thanks again for all your reactions.

Hans