Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Performance issues

Just a note here.If you are having performance issues and you have a multi proc CPU check your BIOS on your motherboard. I recently flashed mine and have seen a jump for the better in performance. It seems that in earlier BIOS the dual procs weren't really being use correctly or read correctly. One down side Vista saw the result of the BIOS flash as a new MoBo and demanded a reactivation

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, Chip model, Motherboard model and manufacturer, Bios manufacturer and the revision number you flashed (from - to) would be a great help in letting me decide if this tip is going to be of assistance. Could you please expand with this info.

>Hi,>> Chip model, Motherboard model and manufacturer, Bios>manufacturer and the revision number you flashed (from - to)>would be a great help in letting me decide if this tip is>going to be of assistance.> Could you please expand with this info.> Bios updates are system specific, it's best if you can check if there was an update for your system from your supplier.

>Just a note here.>>If you are having performance issues and you have a multi proc>CPU check your BIOS on your motherboard. I recently flashed>mine and have seen a jump for the better in performance. It>seems that in earlier BIOS the dual procs weren't really being>use correctly or read correctly. One down side Vista saw the>result of the BIOS flash as a new MoBo and demanded a>reactivationThanks for reminding me to check for a new Bios, I haven't done that in awhile! Fore me I don't know about improving performance (I get pretty good performance in FSX as is!) but one of the things fixed was a problem with fan control, so if anything, it may save me from heat issues down the road, of which I currently have none that I know of!!