Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Stutter Fix found?

For me I allways had little stutters with my RTX3070 but now I only turned on Vsync --> fast in Nvida control panel.

Vsync / Gsync off in game // DLSS balanced // DX12

And smooth as butter!

Hope I can help somebody else with this!

Edited by rob0203

I agree.  Gsync off, Vsync on, limit frames to 30 with a 3070.  That's what I did.

I now have a 3080 and a 5800X3D so can go with Ultra settings and unlimited FPS now though at LOD 300 the GPU gan is working hard.

DLSS, though not as good visually as TAA does seem to cut workload on the system a bit (using DX12).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

23 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Gsync off, Vsync on, limit frames to 30 with a 3070. 

Which setting accomplishes this.  It is not available in MSFS with Gsync off.  Is it the "Background Application Max Frame Rate"  setting in nVidia Control Panel or the "Max Frame Rate" setting??

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

42 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I agree.  Gsync off, Vsync on, limit frames to 30 with a 3070.  That's what I did.

I now have a 3080 and a 5800X3D so can go with Ultra settings and unlimited FPS now though at LOD 300 the GPU gan is working hard.

DLSS, though not as good visually as TAA does seem to cut workload on the system a bit (using DX12).

For me what works best is G-sync on to prevent tearing below monitor max refresh rate and RTSS frame limit (set to monitor refresh rate) to prevent tearing above monitor max refresh rate. 

I get better fps with DLSS on in heavy cloud scenarios. Bit of sharpening and it's not too bad, but there's still that ghosting on moving numbers in glass cockpits. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Like I said for me when set 

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Which setting accomplishes this.  It is not available in MSFS with Gsync off.  Is it the "Background Application Max Frame Rate"  setting in nVidia Control Panel or the "Max Frame Rate" setting??

Vsync set to: fast

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Which setting accomplishes this.  It is not available in MSFS with Gsync off.  Is it the "Background Application Max Frame Rate"  setting in nVidia Control Panel or the "Max Frame Rate" setting

From memory, I think I had to set the gsync off in the monitor itself and in the w11 advanced graphics settings.  Limiting frames to a bit less than you normally achieve has always helped with stutters in flight sims as it reduces system overhead.

On my 3080 the gpu fan runs at about 30% most of the time but at 60 fps it can go up to between 70% and 90% in high density scenery areas.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)