Sign in to follow this  
sikke

Upward shining beams

spacer.pngGreetings all

since I bought me a new monitor (32" WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor Odyssey G7) I'm having a weird problem with my airport ground lights, they all have a upward shining beam, it depends from which angle you look at them. I did not have the problem with my older monitor which was a full HD.

I have it during daytime and nighttime. I am using AI lights Reborn, maybe this has something to do with it altough it is for AI aircraft but maybe it messed up my ground lights also. Ther is a function to revert back to the original lights but this has no effect on the ground lights.

Does someone else experienced this problem and is there a solution.

Thanks

Just a guess here.  However, in the prepar3d.cfg file there are display entries that don't get automatically updated when you change monitors. These entries may or may not be your problem.  That said an easy thing to try is the following:  

Assuming that you haven't made any manual modifications to the cfg file try the following:

1. Delete the prepar3d.cfg file
  2. Delete the shaders directory
  3. Start the sim and it will rebuild the files

If you have made changes to the cfg file then:

1. Make copies of any manual changes made to the cfg file
  2. Delete the prepar3d.cfg file
  3. Delete the shaders directory
  4. Start the sim and it will rebuild the files
  5. Re-apply your cfg changes

In either case other settings may need to be adjusted as you will now have a default cfg. 

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

I would recommend deleting the shaders directory first and see if that takes care of the problem. If not, then proceed with the rest of the process. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library