Sign in to follow this  
CmdrCord

Support for new Stream Deck+ with Encoders?

Elgato recently released "Stream Deck +" with four rotary encoders: https://www.elgato.com/en/stream-deck-plus

It would be awesome if the AAO plugin could support these encoders for Nav, Comms etc.

I happen to own one already, so if I can help with testing or anything else please let me know :)

That's nice but only 8 buttons? I can just build an encoder box and use existing AAO plugins

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

I guess it would be best used in addition to an existing StreamDeck XL.

The advantage of the Plus over, say, a Behringer X-Touch, is, that it can visualize what the encoders do. But here are only four of them, so the buttons would probably be used mostly for switching profiles (AP, COM, NAV etc.)

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I just received mine and I LOVE it! The keys are a bit bigger and better resolution...they look great! I will sell my XL as I don't see a need to have both. Looking forward to being able to use the knobs as they are really nice. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

5 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Looking forward to being able to use the knobs as they are really nice. 

Still nothing in the Elgato SDK, sorry.

Overview - Developer Documentation (elgato.com)

I will take delivery of a Plus in the next few days, but without the SDK specs, there is not a lot that I can do regarding the plugin.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

I reveiced the StreamDeck "Plus" today. Luckily there were a few sample profiles coming with it, so it was possible to figure out how to treat the rotaries.

The next version of the AAO plugin will support the rotary encoders. The events are rotate, click and a tap on the status bar above it. You can display the value of a variable in the status bar too, but only in the fixed layout that you see in the StreamDeck Plus screenshots and videos (title and an icon on the left and the value in larger font to the right)

I am planning to have the new version ready by tomorrow.

LORBY-SI

11 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

I reveiced the StreamDeck "Plus" today. Luckily there were a few sample profiles coming with it, so it was possible to figure out how to treat the rotaries.

The next version of the AAO plugin will support the rotary encoders. The events are rotate, click and a tap on the status bar above it. You can display the value of a variable in the status bar too, but only in the fixed layout that you see in the StreamDeck Plus screenshots and videos (title and an icon on the left and the value in larger font to the right)

Amazing, thank you!

@guenseli Will you be taking a look at adding the knobs to your profiles?

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

15 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

So will it be possible to for example see the autopilot ALT and then just use the knob to increase or decrease the ALT?

24 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

So will it be possible to for example see the autopilot ALT and then just use the knob to increase or decrease the ALT?

Yes. In fact, you will be able to see two values - in this case for example current altitude and selected altitude (as long as those numbers don't become too long, there is not a lot of space on that display)

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

Yes. In fact, you will be able to see two values - in this case for example current altitude and selected altitude (as long as those numbers don't become too long, there is not a lot of space on that display)

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be possible to configure for the Fenix A320. 

4 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be possible to configure for the Fenix A320. 

I don't think so.

If I recall correctly, then the Fenix doesn't reveal the autopilot variables. These only exist in their external software, but are not present in the sim. At least that was the state of the matter a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if they listened to the simmers and are now providing variables with selected/managed alt, hdg, speed and VS.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

53 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Testing the default autopilot events (= not Fenix, FBW etc.)

52526802970_fb89cf63ed_c.jpg

Looking good! Keep us posted.

The AAO StreamDeck plugin version 13.01 is available for download on the AAO page, it has a new action for rotary encoders now. The action is described in the PDF that comes with the download.

I've also uploaded the example above, demonstrating the basic concepts using the controls for the default autopilot.

All this is still in prototype state. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI