Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Wyatt

Difficulties knowing which approach when multiple available

Hello,

whenever multiple approaches are available, often the ATC doesn't say which to fly. For example, I was assigned an RNAV approach to a runway, but on the FMC and Navigraph there are 4 approaches to that runway (RNAV E, RNAV Y, ...) ! Looking at the waypoint in Pilot2ATC didn't help either as an ILS approach was actually listed when I checked (not updated to the new approach?). Thanks 

Expect the NELS One Lima  arrival  with the NELSU transition  with vectors for the  RNAV  approach to runway Zero Nine  SCANDINAVIAN Three Two Two

Edited by Johnny Wyatt

The most recent beta versions should give the RNAV-Y in the spoken name, but if you're still using the 2.6.3.1 version, they will not.

The only NELS1L arrival I could find was for ENVA and there are not any multiple RNAV approaches for runway 09 there.  If you are using the latest Beta version and could let me know a specific example with all the details, I could have a look.

Dave

Actually, I took another look and there are multiple RNAV approaches to 09 in the charts.  However, there is only one in the Navigraph Data supplied for P2A.

Looks like a Navigraph data issue.

Dave.

13 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Actually, I took another look and there are multiple RNAV approaches to 09 in the charts.  However, there is only one in the Navigraph Data supplied for P2A.

Looks like a Navigraph data issue.

Dave.

Thanks for checking, can you notify this to Navigraph or shall I do it?

Well, I did something wrong when looking at the data file.  It is in the Navigraph data.

I'll have to see what's going on in the program. 

Dave