Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Store purchase

Hi guys,

I purchased the lLonheart creations Trinidad TBM 21 in the Black Friday sale from the microsoft store but cannot download it...it is in a constant loop.

It downloads all the file, decompresses it all and then starts the process all over again ...must be on 15 occasions now I have tried...

Either I am doing something wrong or the file is corrupt but have no idea what do  other than abandon it..it shows as owned in my content manager..

I have had this happen during updates but never on a store purchase download. When updating, what worked was to just quit the sim and then boot it back up again and the download would continue.

Dan Scott

Thanks Dan..tried that to no avail....still loops...

Sometimes it will do everything it needs to then at the last second crash the PC and restart...just to start the whole process over again.

I am even struggling to ask for a refund as the receipt you get from the store does not itemise the products and I purchased 6 at the time, having to purchase them individually which was a pain. Not found a way to bulk purchase yet but after this issue I very much doubt I will use the store again unless there is no alternative. EG Carenado aircraft

No BSOD just an instant crash...event viewer telling me gaming services has timed out. I have uninstalled and re installed gaming services again to no avail. I am finding it very frustrating and thinking of a full re- install.

Might want to try this:

• Open file explorer and navigate to your MSFS "Official" folder.
  • Depending on where you purchased MSFS, you should see a folder named either "Steam" or "Onestore", open that folder.
  • In the right pane, click on "Date Modified" so that the most recent items are at the top.
  • The folder for your marketplace purchase should be at or near the top now.
  • Delete the folder and its contents.
  • Start MSFS and try the installation again.

Can't guarantee that it will work, but it has been known to fix looping issues before.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Thanks Jim, also tried that..it was called fscontent...

I deleted it but the dreaded loop continued..