Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Enhanced Flight Model for stock PA-18 Super Cub

Don't know if I'm allowed to post the link, but if you search for "Enhanced Flight Model" in the "General Aviation XP12" section at the .org, you can download a fine flight model mod for the default Super Cub, made by user Voidhawk9.

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

Thanks - I will check it out

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, I had been told about that by Alexis.

I have downloaded from the .org a few WW2 fighters and a Lancaster. They show how good X-Plane's flight model is, I'd say in some aspects superior to the modelling of some modules in DCS World.

The Hurricane and the Spitfires I and II have a problem with their turn coordinators which I made the author of the new XP12-ready versions aware of. The slip needle deflects in the wrong direction, showing beta opposite what it is, and calling for the wrong foot correction.

Other than that, and even if some of the ground physics aren't as good as in IL-2, they surely are top in terms of prop effects and the characteristic inefficiency of the tail surfaces during the initial stages of takeoff  and final stages of the rollout after landing.

I would say that I find, in this particular aspect, XP12 the best simulator in this specific aspect of taildragger simulation I have found so far. Austin surely did and excellent work when he re-wrote the FDM for XP12 because some inaccuracies which were evident in XP11 are now cured 🙂

Marco, I always posted here links to the .org freeware offers. I see no problem with that Please give us that link!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

Stopped my X-Plane 12 from loading 

Error message re compromised sound banks!?
All OK after uninstall 

xxd09

25 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

All OK after uninstall 

xxd09

I think it happens when the aircraft you are trying to use, and some aircraft in the AI traffic, both use the same sound banks. Probably you had the default Piper Cub as AI aircraft, and the sound banks of the two aircraft were conflicting. It must be a bug or something.

Try deactivating all AI aircraft and see if that works.

Edited by Murmur

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

30 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

All OK after uninstall 

xxd09

From Voidhawk9 on an other forums:

See the install instructions included. This error means you did not install it correctly into the correct folder.

Thanks for that 

Was loading complete file into default main Super Cub file

Opened up the file and loaded the contents directly into default main Super Cub file

All good now

Thanks for all the help

xxd09