Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

CJ4 FMS help

Since the latest Beta I have wanted to get back to flying the CJ4. BUT, I am having issues with the FMS and can't figure out what I am missing. I have tried using the World Map  and manually entering flight plans but both end up with Incontinuities, and then I cannot get rid of said Incontinuities. I have watched a couple of Youtube videos about the FMS but what they suggest doesn't seem to work on this version for some reason. I have also found that while trying to follow Jaydee's WT CJ 4 checklist FMS options differ from what is now available. Is there a newer Tutoral video since the latest CJ4 release?

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

You might want to keep an eye on Overkill Simulation's youtube page. He said he needs to redo his tutorials due to the changes. I think you have to be on his patreon to get access to those tho.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I presume you mean Discontinuities

Just select the fix underneath and then click the button (LSK) next to the blank space 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I presume you mean Discontinuities

Just select the fix underneath and then click the button (LSK) next to the blank space 

Yes Ryan, that's what I meant. Not enough coffe this morning yet. I will go back later today and see if I can figure out what you are saying to do. Do you mean to click the button next to the Next waypoint and the click the button next to the error? I thin I tried doing that and got an error. I also tried to manually type the next fix in keyboard and then click the button next to the error. 

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

Yeah it's basically like telling the computer to connect one waypoint with the next.  I think on some fmcs you can also just press DEL and then click the blank line.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

19 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Yeah it's basically like telling the computer to connect one waypoint with the next.  I think on some fmcs you can also just press DEL and then click the blank line.

I tried doing that but it gave me an error. I will get back to again this afternoon. I flew this aircraft some in the early days of MSFS and then kind of got away from it since back then my H/C Bravo was basically useless with it. I am now trying it out again but finding a few stones in the path to stumble over as I go.

I am not familiar with the CJ4 but some FMC require to copy the next fix and paste it by clicking on the blank line, as desribed above. Some just require to DEL the discontinuity by hitting DEL on the blank line only. and some don't allow either one if there is a MANUAL fix before the discontinuity, say

MANUAL
Discontinuity
RTT

and in that case you also need to first delete the MANUAL fix and then either DEL the Discontinuity or copy/paste the RTT fix onto the Discontinuity. 

Again, just a shot as I fly primarily the PMDG737, Fenix and FBW and all have their pecularities with handling discontinuities...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

In the CJ4 using the DEL choice with the Discontinuities usually does the trick - also for dual waypoint entries.  Delete the one that has no distance listed to the next waypoint.

There are some Discontinuities that can't be removed, as that particular approach requires a vector to the IAF.  In that case just "vector yourself" to the that point and the FMS will pick it up and continue the approach.

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

14 minutes ago, RandallR said:

In the CJ4 using the DEL choice with the Discontinuities usually does the trick - also for dual waypoint entries.  Delete the one that has no distance listed to the next waypoint.

There are some Discontinuities that can't be removed, as that particular approach requires a vector to the IAF.  In that case just "vector yourself" to the that point and the FMS will pick it up and continue the approach.

I think this is what I rasn into on the last try as the next leg was the start of the Approach into KESS. I didn't have LNM installed yesterday to try to come up with my own Vector so I just exited out and flew something else. I have since installed LNM to help when needed.