Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

IniBuilds brand new P-40 £7.99+tax, just for today!..

Restoration, They fit what they can get hold of, often parts from numerous engines or even completely different variants

Edited by Pathfinder633
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

Restoration, They fit what they can get hold of, often parts from numerous engines or even completely different variants

Ah!  OK.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, s0cks said:

I'm not expecting FlyingIron quality from the get go

Their systems simulation is not very deep, so it is perfectly feasible to beat them.

Artur 

The P40-F could out turn the other American fighters, even the Mustang. Had heavy armor and six guns. It's range was about double the Messersmidt or Spitfire. Most of the flyers loved it. But it wasn't fast and climbed slowly. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Their systems simulation is not very deep, so it is perfectly feasible to beat them.

Well, I flew it last night. In terms of systems simulation, I would have said they appear to be about the same though the P-40 does have persistent maintenance, which is nice. Modeling is pretty high quality on both and I like how iniBuilds allows you to remove the cowling to see the engine, as well as show baggage and tie downs. FlyingIron seems to have the better textures though, and they are miles ahead in terms of sound quality - it is really night and day on that part, which is a bit of a shame because the sound of warbirds is one of their biggest attractions imo. FlyingIron seem to have captured all the depth and nuances, whereas the P40 sounds a little flat to me, and in startup for example, I can hear where they've faded the startup sound into the running sound - it's a bit meh.

But yeah, for the price it was, I'm very happy with it, and no doubt it will continue to improve.

Edited by s0cks