Sign in to follow this  
ark

TBM 930 G3000 GTC Question

I am not using any mods for the TBM 930 or the G3000, and find that I can't enter a flight plan using the GTCs. Clicking on Flight Plan on either of the GTCs does nothing -- no response. Does this just reflect the state of the "no mod" G3000, or am I the problem?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

The TBM (modded) and the g3000 (WT modded) have been a go-to combo for the last couple of years for me.  I haven't flown the unmodded g3000 for a long, long time so I can't say whether it has an issue in this area.  I can say that the modded version was so far beyond the default that I never used it again.

I haven't had many issues entering items in the flight plan with the modded version, though it is still a work in progress.  I usually import the FP, then make any needed edits before departure.

Randall Rocke

16 minutes ago, RandallR said:

The TBM (modded) and the g3000 (WT modded) have been a go-to combo for the last couple of years for me.  I haven't flown the unmodded g3000 for a long, long time so I can't say whether it has an issue in this area.  I can say that the modded version was so far beyond the default that I never used it again.

I haven't had many issues entering items in the flight plan with the modded version, though it is still a work in progress.  I usually import the FP, then make any needed edits before departure.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have links to the mods you are talking about?

Al

For the WT g3000: https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3000/

For the TBM 930 Improvement mod, the only thing I can find right now is: https://github.com/mixMugz/msfs_tbm930_project  The project is currently on hold.  If you have any issues report back to me in this thread and I may be able to give you some small edits that will help.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

Bingo! Thanks for posting - that's actually the mod I'm running and it's working well.  I just hadn't recorded its location and couldn't find it with a normal search.

Randall Rocke

If you're interested in flying the TBM you are better ditching the mods and using the AAU beta....

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

41 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

If you're interested in flying the TBM you are better ditching the mods and using the AAU beta....

G

I'm planing on using the AAU once the Beta period is over.

Thanks,

Al

I appreciate all the inputs, thanks very much, very helpful !

Al

4 minutes ago, ark said:

I'm planing on using the AAU once the Beta period is over.

Thanks,

Al

Lol you won't have any choice at that point 🤣😂🤣

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 minute ago, Gazzareth said:

Lol you won't have any choice at that point 🤣😂🤣

G

Yep, very true!  In this case I just prefer to wait until the Beta period is over.

Al

7 hours ago, RandallR said:

The TBM (modded) and the g3000 (WT modded) have been a go-to combo for the last couple of years for me. 

I"m curious on how you control the uniqueTBM "throttle". Do you just use the mouse, or have you made some controller assignments?

Thx,

Al

Both.  I use the mouse to bring it up into low idle.  After that it's all controller assignments:

• Joystick slider to cross over into High Idle
  • Throttle quadrant for power
  • Button on throttle quadrant for reverse prop
  • Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

9 hours ago, RandallR said:

I use the mouse to bring it up into low idle.  . . .

I have tried this several times in the past but it does not work for me.

Can you tell me where exactly you position the mouse pointer and whether you just click or click, hold and drag the throttle lever?

Click, hold and drag the throttle across, has worked for me.  Thereafter my normal hardware throttle works as expected.

It's been a while since I've flown the 930, I have a feeling that a right-click and hold, might be needed to drag the power lever across into the flight range?

Edited by Simjockey
Vague memory returning to me.

Paul Davies.