Hi all,

Yes another Fenix and thrustmaster compatibility questions / issues I'm hoping you guys have the answer too.

Purchased Fenix a few months ago, couldn't get the throttles to move in game using my thrustmaster TCA, with all hardware to software functions working perfectly. The I'd move the TCA to the next intention, hear the engines spool up slightly before going back down, but the throttle levers themselves wont move at all only with mouse interaction. I watched countless videos, messed with the calibrations, sensitivities, drivers the lot. I reached out for help from fenix who again told me to re-calibrate etc etc but still nothing. In the end I uninstall FS along with every bit of third party software and started from scratch, today I've re-installed and I'm getting the exact same fault and I'm at a loss with what to do next.

I've done;

Checked in plane calibration.

Checked for no other bindings.

Adjusted the sensitivity to what Fenix suggested.

Calibrated the TCA with thrustmaster software.

All drivers are up to date.

No Fenix liverys or modifications in the community folder.

Deleted the game and re installed it.

Deleted and re installed fenix many times.

Took the TCA apart to check for any loose connections, it's all perfect.

Any and all suggestions and help is appreciated, please not TCA quadrant works on FBW and all other sim aircraft faultlessly.

Regards

Rhys

On 12/30/2022 at 2:38 AM, SquareEyes said:

please not TCA quadrant works on FBW and all other sim aircraft faultlessly.

Then the problem most definately sits in front of the computer.

You absolutely need to double check all your axis and keybindings within the TCA profile in MSFS itself. There HAS to be something wrong.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:38 AM, SquareEyes said:

Any and all suggestions and help is appreciated, please not TCA quadrant works on FBW and all other sim aircraft faultlessly.

Check this video and most probably it will help in resolving your problem.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

It's vital to take this step by step to determine the cause of the problem.

1) Check using the Thrustmaster control panel that each and every button is working, and that the thrust levers (and flaps and speed brake levers if you have them) show smooth and continuous movement across the entire range. If there is any problem at this stage go back and use the Thrustmaster calibration instructions from their website. If you have the flaps/speed brake add-on note there is a more extensive calibration procedure required.

2) Load up MSFS and check in options that the thrust levers are set to throttle 1 axis and throttle 2 axis - not the 0 to 100% variants. Again check that the display shows smooth and continuous movement across the whole range (don't forget to include the reverse position in your test). Sensitivity doesn't particularly matter at this stage as long as the levers show movement across the whole range. Make sure that you have NO OTHER controls bound to a throttle.

3) load up the Fenix and go through the calibration in the MCDU. Note that until you have completed the calibration I don't think you'll see any movement of the levers in the cockpit, but once they are calibrated you should see the movement you expect.

The above process should show you which part is not working properly. If 1 & 2 work but 3 doesn't then I'm afraid it's back to Fenix to diagnose.

Edited by ConstVoid
Extra Info
  • Like 1

Ian Box