Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Problem with Fenix A320 EFB landing distance calculation

I absolutely cannot figure out how to calculate landing distance on the EFB. As circled below, I can only type in digits for "LBS", and the maximum figure it takes is 999.9. Obviously, the landing distance calculations do not work when I fill this in.

Other resources online (such as link below) show "Landing WT" on the EFB in Tons ("T").

https://www.simvol.org/en/articles/tutorials/a320-fenix-landing-distance-calculation

How do I change the units from LBS to T so the EFB will calculate landing distance?

spacer.png

Edited by NightOfDreams

999.9 in the EFB would equate to 999,900 lbs so you won't get a landing distance since it is way beyond Max landing weight.  I am not sure if it can be changed to T or not.  A landing weight of 145,500 lbs would be entered as 145.5.

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

As mentioned above, I think the EFB figures correspond to the settings for that particular airframe (either LBS or KG).

In the EFB under "Sim Settings" click "Units" and change it there.

But you really don't need to since the MCDU will be set to LBS as well. Just go into the Fuel Prediction, look at your ZFW add the Fuel at Destination it calculates and then you'll have your figure with the right digits to enter into the EFB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Figured out what I was doing wrong - not clicking on the runway condition (e.g. dry, wet, etc.). Once I put that in and the weight in LBS it worked. I also see how others have gotten "T" instead of "LBS" which happens once you change to KG, though that doesn't actually make a difference (thought that's what I was doing wrong). Thanks everyone!