Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

saved quick views on keypad

I've saved a couple of quickview cockpit views by using Ctrl+numpad value (Ctrl+3 numpad  for example) and these work well, but I don't know how to add an external view to the numpad ?  When I select an external view and then mod it to what I want to save and use the same Ctrl+ numpad, nothing is saved.  Am I missing something ?

Jim

I thought the numpad keys are just internal, but can’t say I’ve tried assigning external views and it’s been a long time since I’ve been in XP 😞

Alaister Kay

For me it works. I just changed to chase view, moved the viewpoint to somewhere else and pressed the "save quickview" key (although I defined a custom one, namely Shift+numpad). That's in X-Plane 12. Do you still use X-Plane 11? There it might not work for the external views (?).

Edited by flying_carpet

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

anitelite,

I am not sure of your question. However, FYI I like to save an external view of the aircraft to the keypad. Select SHIFT 4 for the outside view of the aircraft and save it to  CTRL - KEYPAD 9. Any number will do, but 9 keeps it out of the way. Other views may work, though I haven't tried them out.

Jim Morgan

sorry....should have been clear.  This works fine on Xplane11.  But does NOT work on Xplane 12.

Jim

ok...first....apologies to all first responders.  The selection of external chase and then the numpad assignment did finally work.  I don't know if i was rushing the procedure or just didnt' put in the numpad keystrokes correctly, but i was able to just now get the external view assigned to the numpad quick views as before in xplane 11.  

Many thanks to all who responded.

Jim

Another question about these saved views using ctrl+Numpad numbers.  Every time I update Zibo they are gone. Which file saves these views?

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Sims Smith said:

Another question about these saved views using ctrl+Numpad numbers.  Every time I update Zibo they are gone. Which file saves these views?

The one in the respective plane folder, called <plane_name>_prefs.txt

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.