Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

A Couple of "Opps !" pics

Hey Folks,

Just sharing a couple of "Opps" pics where things didn't quite go to plan...

Opps #1

So I'm flying along in my C182 - when I start to lower the flaps for landing and there was a bang.

spacer.png

Just managed to put it down without crashing, although it was quite the struggle with a broken flap on one side.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Lesson... must not misstreat the flaps and also do more inspections heh 🙂

spacer.png

Opps #2

Had been flying my modded 690B Commander, also a great plane to fly, quite fast but fortunately easy to slow down.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'd been flight testing a new auto cabin pressurisation gauge function I'd written, along with having added an RXP GTN 750 with bezel control mapping and Roland's WX Radar as an embeded unit in the Avidyne bezel for integration with the Active Sky weather API.

spacer.png

I'd landed, parked and shutdown the aircraft, reviewed my test flight logs and notes and decided to take it up again.

But in my haste I neglected to follow the checklist... resulting in an engine fire - opps !

Lesson... don't skimp on the checklist... some aircraft are just not that forgiving 🙂

spacer.png

That's all folks.

Cheers

• Like 8

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I genuinely miss this kind of stuff in P3D.  I especially miss A2A.  If A2A could magically release their entire catalog in MSFS today I'd pay twice as much without even blinking.  I'm very impressed with your skills in programming the cockpit avionics like that, very nice work.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

Two nice reports, mate. And you have added quite some fantastic functions to your commander!

• Like 2

Cheers, Gerold

Spoiler

Hardware: Intel i9-13900K @ 4.2 Ghz, BENQ EW3270U (3840*2160), 32 GB RAM DDR5-6000, Gigabyte Gaming OC Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB, Samsung 980 Pro M.2: 1 TB (Win 11-System), Samsung 870 QVO SSD: 2 TB (MSFS), 2 * Samsung 850 EVO SSD: 1 TB (P3D 4.5 HF3) & 500 GB (spare). Scenery / Add-Ons: Lots of commercial & freeware sceneries. Plus REX Weather Force (MSFS), FS Global Mesh 2010, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA, EzDok v3, Pro-ATC/X and REX 4 Texture Direct (all for P3D).

On 1/10/2023 at 3:13 AM, Jack_Sawyer said:

I genuinely miss this kind of stuff in P3D.  I especially miss A2A.

Heh, yes A2A are also some of my most fav aircraft, but it'll be years before they release their catalogue in anything else and I'd rather enjoy what they have released.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

On 1/12/2023 at 5:44 PM, Stiller Water said:

Two nice reports, mate. And you have added quite some fantastic functions to your commander!

Thanks !

Makes for the fun part in my hobby 🙂

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogen said:

Heh, yes A2A are also some of my most fav aircraft, but it'll be years before they release their catalogue anything else and I'd rather enjoy what they have released.

Cheers

I personally will believe it when I see it. I see a lot of chatter at A2A's forum but no planes.  I think at this point A2A is just good old fashioned vaporware.

Jack Sawyer

Coming from software development myself, the first interation can take the longest time, but once the process has been worked out and debugged new releases would flow through much quicker.

Ideally they would have concurrent work going on, e.g. models and animations being developed while their accu-sim coding stuff is going on, that way they can hit the ground running once ready.

Cheers