Sign in to follow this  
Lord Farringdon

Little Nav Map on Tablet

I have seen a little bit of how this is done on Avsim and that other forum. But before I go down this route, there were a couple of questions that the posts I read never really answered:

Is the Spacedesk solution a resource hog?

Does using Spacedesk create lag in LNP? 

Is a tablet even necessary with a pop out window now available in MSFS?  

Any LNM to tablet users out there that can offer some advice on this? Should I go for tablet or pop out window (if that is indeed a workable solution since I have no idea?).

Thanks Guys. 

Cheers

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Space desk sounds like a cumbersome process. Nothing like a native app on iPad. I use as LNM heavily but keep it open on a 2nd monitor along with 10 other apps. 

I do have a tablet and sometimes use it for charts and metar apps. So that sorta supplements LNM in some ways. 

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

2 hours ago, vin747 said:

keep it open on a 2nd monitor along with 10 other apps

Are all these apps based on the sim computer ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

My understanding is that LNM (on your PC) runs its's own web server which allows you to open a browser on your tablet where you enter the web address of the server to connect and use LNM on the tablet. Have a look at LNM help

Regards

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Are all these apps based on the sim computer ?

Yes. These are apps like pilot2atc, fsrealistic, chrome for metars, AAO for honeycomb mappings, fschatter, fsrecorder, etc. 

I don’t have any lags on my pc due to these apps. I do have a 3090 though paired with a i9 5.3 gigs. 

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses, much appreciated. @Space Monkey, your suggestion worked a treat and was really easy to setup. I note the Webserver version is pretty limited in what it can do, (it is only an HTML viewer really) but just for monitoring the flight, viewing the flight plan (no changes can be made)  checking out airport information and seeing other aircraft and ships in the nearby vicinity,  it is perfect! 👍👍 

Cheers

Terry   

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

1 hour ago, vin747 said:

fsrecorder 

More info please?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

25 minutes ago, verbal said:

More info please?

Hi @verbal.

I may not be the best person to answer since I don't use it but I don't think it is available for MSFS. If it was, we'd all be using it rather than grumbling about the Developer Mode recorder!! 

https://fs-recorder.software.informer.com/

Cheers

Terry

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Hi @verbal.

I may not be the best person to answer since I don't use it but I don't think it is available for MSFS. If it was, we'd all be using it rather than grumbling about the Developer Mode recorder!! 

Cheers

Terry

Didn't think so, I remember using something with the same name back in FS9

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

3 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Hi @verbal.

Cheers

Terry

No that link points to fsx recorder. The one I referred to was the MSFS freeware  recorder which almost everyone has downloaded from Flightsim.to at some point. It’s still miles ahead of asobos recorder. 

• Like 1

Vinod Kumar