Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

iniScene Los Angeles Update to improve performance?

Has anyone tried the new update for the iniScene Los Angeles scenery and notice any improvement on performance? If so, how much of an improvement? They claim they have improved it significantly and I've held off grabbing this scenery due to the current performance reviews.

iniScene Los Angeles v1.10
-Greatly reduced VRAM overhead
-LODs for all assets have been revised and tweaked for improved performance
-Control panel options to allow performance customisation
-Tunnel entrance under 25L/R has been completely reviewed and should no longer impact terrain along Charlie or the T7/T8 stands
-Added stop points 42 and 43 along Lima and Kilo
-Fixed duplicated items have been removed
-Guids have all been changed to prevent clashing with other iniScene products

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

i have just tried, it's clearly better, love this scene by iniscene. even better now

Edited by jeff974cd
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeff974cd said:

i have just tried, it's clearly better, love this scene by iniscene. even better now

Me too and agreed 110%. If you have it and haven’t upgraded yet you’re missing out on an honestly assessed improvement by the developer. 
-B

I did a flight using PSXT and Real Traffic in the Fenix and the performance was very smooth.  Not a single stutter on final or anywhere during the flight for that matter.  The one weird thing is that all of the baggage trucks near the gates were hot pink... not sure what that was all about.  I bought through Simbrief and did a transfer so that all of my iniBuild stuff can be in the ini Manager so I can play with settings.  I am thinking that is what the problem is.  Anyone else see this?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Definitely better now.  The one disclaimer I’ll add is that I had enabled the SD textures and the terminals were quite blurry, so I’m going to re-enable the HD textures next flight and see if performance remains strong (I expect it will…I doubt with my GPU it was the HD textures causing the massive stutters).

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU