Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

RFP 747-200 - does it work in FSX?

Now that the great RFP 747-200 has been recently released as freeware, I was just wondering whether anyone had tried it in FSX, and whether it is liable to work or is a complete no-go?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Let us know Stuart eh? lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,I guess your LOL comment suggest that there isn't a hope in ####, and I should even waste my time installing to FSX?Or are you wanting me to be the guinea pig !Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

>Dave,>>I guess your LOL comment suggest that there isn't a hope in>####, and I should even waste my time installing to FSX?>>Or are you wanting me to be the guinea pig !>>Cheers,>StuartThen all I can say Stuart is, why ask others to 'waste their time' as you so sacasticly put it?There really is nothing wrong in being a 'pioneer Stuart. It won't stop your FSX from running at all.Just point the installer to FSX and see what happens, that's all that's required.To digress; you are the one that is enquiring of it's suitability an asking if someone else has been the 'guinea pig'?All that FSX rejects are FS98 guages.Look in a folder that doing this can create called 'aircraft' and if it appears in it (Which invariable happens as aircraft go to the 'Sim Objects/Airplanes' folder) just cut and paste it to the correct position.It's as easy as that, and if you do it then 'YOU' can be the one that has the recognition and credit for finding out it's possible.The alternative is waiting for PMDG's 744X shortly to be announced as that is going to be awesome in FSX.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Stuart,Hey! Just tried it, and it works, but FSX rejects several gauges that are of the FS98 era. To be honest, the panel looks a little "dated" to me. I just pointed the installer to FSX, and then I had to manually move the aircraft folders to the Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Give it a try if you want. I deleted it after trying to fly it (which it does). Just a personal preference.Paul

Thanks guys,I did try and install it into FSX and found the same as Paul - only issue seems to be a number of FS98 gauges, but not too many. I shall see if I can substitute any to get it working.I admit it does look a bit dated, but with great Posky 747-200s recently release it would be good to have a suitable panel.Thanks again,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373