Sign in to follow this  
westjet759

flickering interior light issue on pmdg 737-900

hi guys im having an issue with my pmdg 737-900   when i turn my dome lights and panel lights sometimes i get flickering inside the cockpit from the inside lights is there anyway to fix this if anyone can help me with this please msg me back as soon as anyone can thanks from westjet759 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EFQg0atxEEacJ8hNalFvQZ6jDxcShEDZ/view?usp=share_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1exktMAq7MzYh-sdMECtrj0GC_7AYlNJ0/view?usp=share_link

You’d get more help on the official PMDG forum. Or you can submit a support ticket.

Edited by mwilk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Did you notice in the first video when you pan to the overhead the flickering mostly stops?

Doesn't affect only the -900, or only PMDG aircraft, for that matter. There are other threads about this and some argue it may be related to an object limit in MSFS - when you hit that limit it causes certain "symptoms", one of which is flickering lights. I tend to see it when I have a bunch of AI traffic injected into the sim. If I look straight ahead - no flickering. If I look out the side window at a bunch of aircraft parked at gates, or taxiing - flickering. It's repeatable, albeit not terribly predictable. I definitely see it at large airports with a bunch of traffic, like KDTW for instance.

When I first saw it I thought "holy cow, they've even simulated faulty rheostats", but alas, that is not the case.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, westjet759 said:

there are videos of my issue in the google drive links for more proof

Just watched them, and that is exactly the same issue I had last spring - but with aircraft like the Just Flight Arrow III and the default Asobo Cessna 152. There seemed to be no reason for it, and after a certain length of time it would stop. At one point I thought it was due to the position of the sun, because it would always start when taxying to a certain runway that I normally use. Then it started happening in the dark, as in your video. Updating and/or rolling back the GPU driver had no effect. I never got to the bottom of it, and after a few weeks it stopped completely. Not much help to you, I know, but for me it was definitely simulator or PC related, rather than any one particular aircraft. You might try clearing the DX Shader cache and see if that helps - it does seem to resolve a number of graphics issues.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

ok i updated my drivers but it still does it and i also cleared my shader cashe i dont know what the problem is ?

Edited by westjet759

48 minutes ago, westjet759 said:

ok i updated my drivers but it still does it and i also cleared my shader cashe i dont know what the problem is ?

I told you what the problem is.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Out of curiosity, does the flashing start/stop when you move your view point around the cockpit ? I found that moving slightly further back from the default position stopped the flashing.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

On 2/15/2023 at 3:42 PM, somiller said:

Did you notice in the first video when you pan to the overhead the flickering mostly stops?

Doesn't affect only the -900, or only PMDG aircraft, for that matter. There are other threads about this and some argue it may be related to an object limit in MSFS - when you hit that limit it causes certain "symptoms", one of which is flickering lights. I tend to see it when I have a bunch of AI traffic injected into the sim. If I look straight ahead - no flickering. If I look out the side window at a bunch of aircraft parked at gates, or taxiing - flickering. It's repeatable, albeit not terribly predictable. I definitely see it at large airports with a bunch of traffic, like KDTW for instance.

When I first saw it I thought "holy cow, they've even simulated faulty rheostats", but alas, that is not the case.

@westjet759- I've seen the same thing with multiple addon aircraft and always been able to stop it by reducing AI traffic as @somiller has indicated above. I think its the hidden sim object limit being hit....would be nice if they actually indicated what the limit was.....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

30 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

@westjet759- I've seen the same thing with multiple addon aircraft and always been able to stop it by reducing AI traffic as @somiller has indicated above. I think its the hidden sim object limit being hit....would be nice if they actually indicated what the limit was.....

Removing it altogether would surely be the best option?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/628686-flickering-taxi-lights-and-panel-lights-with-psxt-active/

This thread discusses in a bit of depth. The OP in the above thread initially implicated PSXT as the cause, which of course was not true, rather that PSXT was injecting AI Traffic which is pushing the sim over the object limit.

This also seems to be an issue with GSX, and many have found success by limiting the number of vehicles injected by GSX.

I don't think a known limit has been reported. If the limit is known how would you count sim objects to know whether you are approaching the limit?

I think at this point adjusting injected objects using trial-and-error is the only technique known to deal with this.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

6 hours ago, KL Oo said:

so i read what @somiller posted and it looks like its a sim connect issue 

1 hour ago, somiller said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/628686-flickering-taxi-lights-and-panel-lights-with-psxt-active/

This thread discusses in a bit of depth. The OP in the above thread initially implicated PSXT as the cause, which of course was not true, rather that PSXT was injecting AI Traffic which is pushing the sim over the object limit.

This also seems to be an issue with GSX, and many have found success by limiting the number of vehicles injected by GSX.

I don't think a known limit has been reported. If the limit is known how would you count sim objects to know whether you are approaching the limit?

I think at this point adjusting injected objects using trial-and-error is the only technique known to deal with this.

so like reduceing the ai and other traffic to 50% @somiller would that maybe work

Edited by westjet759