Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Red Baron Entertainment's Offer

I feel a little uneasy about this offer. Using the death of Steve Irwin for promotional purposes just seems a little off to me.I'm sure they had the best of intentions.Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am sorry to hear that you feel uneasy about this Mike. I was personally very saddened by his death, and really feel for his family. It was for this reason I wanted to support his charity. Does anyone else feel uneasy about this?Christian

I don't. It seems like only on the internet where forums are do people think it's a scam.I see nothing wrong with a business helping out in the community. We've been doing it since the dawn of time. It was Steve Irwin wanted to begin with, so I just can't see why people get in an uproar about it.

-Feeling sad about Steve Irwin's death-Wanting to help his charity-Businesses helping the communitythese are all fine things, but I did not say I was uneasy about these. A business/person could do these things without using his death for promotional purposes. To emphasise, I'm sure that you had the best of intentions.

How are "they" not us here in this thread using it for promotional purposes?Besides which, they have to promote themselves so they can generate as much money as they can for the charity.I'm sure even Steve's cause had people who went and solicted business's also. Most charities do.In any case, someone has to start the ball rolling, and I think it was his manager who asked for everyone to contribute if they could.Don't read too much into this, ok? It's an everyday occurance. Turn on the TV sometime and you'll see one. Look at a bill board and you'll see another one.

>>Besides which, they have to promote themselves so they can>generate as much money as they can for the charity.They could simply donate the money without promoting themselves like I'm sure many others have. I'd suggest that this promotion will generate more money for them than the charity.>>In any case, someone has to start the ball rolling, and I>think it was his manager who asked for everyone to contribute>if they could.He didn't ask people to use Steve's death to promote their own interests.I don't like what they have done, but I'm not asking them to change their actions, opinions, or apologise. I'm simply making a comment about those actions.Mike