Sign in to follow this  
ponchovilla

Content Manager and Quit to Desktop problems...

Hello all,

Within the past two weeks, whenever I go to the Content Manager it just sits there and gives me the "whirling halo of indecision chasing its own tail."

Also, when I try to quit and go back to desktop in the usual manner, MSFS will "hang" and I have to quit out via Task Manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

And now, in addition to the above mentioned miseries, when I try to quit from a flight and get back to the main menu, it hangs up there, too! As Yosemite Sam would say, "Ratsafrats!"

Yosemite Sam Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

I think that at all three of those points, the sim will be accessing the MSFS servers.  Could it be a local server/internet problem?  That said, if that was the cause, I would have expected that you would be having the same issues at initial bootup of the sim.

How stable is your internet?

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

The first thing to do is to try to run the sim with an empty Community folder. Chances are that your problem comes from a faulty addon.

Second thing, it might be a corrupted cloud save (from  personal experience). This is how I dealt with a similar problem.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've been having the quit to desktop issue for awhile now, ever since the last SU.  A bunch of people have, according to threads on the official forum. Emptying the community folder doesn't work.

I've also noticed it's hung up on the Reno addon - no matter what I do, up to and including deleting the addon entirely, every time I go into content manager it says it's unpacking one of the Reno files It will continue "unpacking" it for hours without moving the progress bar. I have to cancel that before I can get any updates.

8 minutes ago, eslader said:

I've been having the quit to desktop issue for awhile now, ever since the last SU.  A bunch of people have, according to threads on the official forum. Emptying the community folder doesn't work.

I've also noticed it's hung up on the Reno addon - no matter what I do, up to and including deleting the addon entirely, every time I go into content manager it says it's unpacking one of the Reno files It will continue "unpacking" it for hours without moving the progress bar. I have to cancel that before I can get any updates.

Uninstall Reno, and see if your problem goes away. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Uninstall Reno, and see if your problem goes away. 

I did.  It didn't. 😉

Well, things work fine with nothing in the Community folder. Time to go on a hunting expedition for the culprit file!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Fair skies and following winds,

Frank "Ponch"