Sign in to follow this  
gary_canuck

Free defrag for fsx?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mike,I've heard good things from some tech friends about JKDefrag so I'm going to give it a whirl. It seems to have some of the same defrag features/tools as diskeeper and perfectdisk. It can be found here: http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/ should you be interested. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

'DixTrix's Ultimate Defrag' will put all your FSX files next to the 'MFT' for faster reading.No other defragger does this!Try it free for a week? www.disktrix.com

Agree with you, Dave, When I extended my subscription to CP magazine they had an offer of a free registered copy of Ultimate Defrag. Since I was using O&O Defrag at the time I decided to give UD a try. UD has the capability to move files of your choice to the outside of the HD therefor I placed FS9, FSX, Windows and AS6 to the outside, in that order, and have definitely improved things. Not related to FS but my computer used to take about 5 minutes to go through the shutdown procedure and now takes only 1 minute. I've had twin 80 HD's in raid O configuration for three years now and almost 70% full so that may be why I find such great improvement now in FS. I know that defragging has been beaten to death in various forums but there are always new opinions which are expressed so anyone can pick and chose the one that suits them best.Gary