Sign in to follow this  
Noel

GSX Pro: since SimBrief update doesn't recognize PAX ct

I looked on the FSDT forum on this and couldn't find anything, plus I can't post on it because I can't login my password wasn't accepted and their routine for forgotten passwords doesn't work and I've even mssg'd Virtuali directly here to ask for help logging into their forum but haven't heard back yet so hopefully he will chime on this here.  Thanks in advance if you do....

Anyway, installed the latest GSX presumably thru the Live Updater but still doesn't work:  SimBrief says 149 PAX, GSX delivers one.  Hitting the Reload Simbrief button didn't help either.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Gee whiz, doesn't anybody use GSX Pro here?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Check if your simbrief name (or id? can't remember what you need to put into) is correctly inserted in the GSX settings. Also what aircraft is it? Check that you chose the correct IATA designator in simbrief and that the aircraft has actually the same designator in the aircraft.cfg file.

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Check if your simbrief name (or id? can't remember what you need to put into) is correctly inserted in the GSX settings. Also what aircraft is it? Check that you chose the correct IATA designator in simbrief and that the aircraft has actually the same designator in the aircraft.cfg file.

Thanks Fiorentoni.  I've used GSX Pro for many months now and did not have this problem previously which seems to have started w/ the recent Simbrief  revision so yes my SB name is unchanged from what it's always been in GSX settings that was the first thing I checked.  I'm guessing the data field in SB was moved and GSX hasn't changed where it retrieves this from. Is this happening to you as well where SB's PAX count is X, and GSX delivers only one PAX?  It would be helpful to know if this is happening to others, or if he Dev would kindly be responsive as he often is when someone posts on Avsim something relating to GSX.  I tried again to log in to FSDT's user forums to no avail.

Noel

20 minutes ago, Noel said:

Thanks Fiorentoni.  I've used GSX Pro for many months now and did not have this problem previously which seems to have started w/ the recent Simbrief  revision so yes my SB name is unchanged from what it's always been in GSX settings that was the first thing I checked.  I'm guessing the data field in SB was moved and GSX hasn't changed where it retrieves this from. Is this happening to you as well where SB's PAX count is X, and GSX delivers only one PAX?  It would be helpful to know if this is happening to others, or if he Dev would kindly be responsive as he often is when someone posts on Avsim something relating to GSX.  I tried again to log in to FSDT's user forums to no avail.

No it's not happening to me.

15 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

No it's not happening to me.

Great, so it was not the SB update that's useful thanks.  I'll pay closer attn to other variables cheers.

Noel

In the new SimBrief Account settings you now have one word for Alias (Username) and another for Pilot ID. Not sure which one GSX wants when it says to enter your Username. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that.  Today PAX counts matched.  I was in a plane I've not used for a while so that might have played a role.

Noel

I finally got GSX to work with SimBrief:

Make a flight plan in SimBrief, and download it to MSFS with the SimBrief Downloader. Start your flight in the Sim. and click the GSX icon in the menu bar on top of the sim. Select GSX settings in the pull down and enter your UserID, that is your Alias.

Uncheck the box at the end of the line that says Use Time. If you leave this checked, GSX will give an error message that the time has expired, and it won't reload the SimBrief.

You should now be able to click on the red Re-Load SimBrief box on the menu. After GSX reads the SimBrief file successfully, the red box will turn Green, and right below that, you will see a new Restart Couatl box - I'm not sure if you have to restart it. I clicked it once, and saw a message box open up with number of pax and other information from the SimBrief.

Afterwards I began loading passengers in GSX, and it now showed the same number of Pax as the Sim Brief file.

Finally, check your firewall settings, and make sure that Couatl64_MSFS.exe has a connection to the internet. It is in your GSX installation Addon Manager/Couatl64 folder.

make sure  you  get  a green   check  box  after  you  hit  the  load  passengers i posted  the  same  issues   in the fdst  forum

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 2/27/2023 at 5:11 AM, dobee51 said:

In the new SimBrief Account settings you now have one word for Alias (Username) and another for Pilot ID. Not sure which one GSX wants when it says to enter your Username. 

Username is clearly username, not Pilot ID.

With the old Simbrief site, it was a bit confusing because, there was a page where it was called Username, and another page where it was called Alias  but now, with the new Simbrief site, it's listed as "Alias (Username)" so, there's shouldn't be any doubt about what GSX needs, which is not the Pilot ID.

It's random.  Just now should have been 149 pax but was 1.  The other day it picked it up.  I think maybe it has to do w/ the depature time not being close enough--there is a warning in GSX that the time long past or something like that.  Might this be it?  I go back into Simbrief and make sure it's zulu time is the same as I am in-sim but that did not work this last time after restarting Couatl so remain a little stumped.

Noel

2 hours ago, Noel said:

It's random.  Just now should have been 149 pax but was 1.  The other day it picked it up.  I think maybe it has to do w/ the depature time not being close enough--there is a warning in GSX that the time long past or something like that.  Might this be it?  I go back into Simbrief and make sure it's zulu time is the same as I am in-sim but that did not work this last time after restarting Couatl so remain a little stumped.

What aircraft was that? And what aircraft did you choose in the simbrief flightplan? I'm asking because if those two don't have the same IATA designator, GSX won't recognize that you want to use that simbrief flightplan for your current flight.

EDIT: Also make sure that it's not only the correct time BUT also the correct date between MSFS and simbrief.
EDIT 2: Oh and the simbrief departure time has to be AFTER your MSFS time at the start of your flight (when loading in). You can't put 1200 zulu into simbrief and load into 1200 zulu in MSFS, because that's supposed to be the off-block time in simbrief.

Edited by Fiorentoni

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I think maybe it has to do w/ the depature time not being close enough--there is a warning in GSX that the time long past or something like that

GSX Manual, Page 73, the explanation of the "SimBrief Ignore Time" option:

SimBrief Ignore Time

With the January 2023 update, a new option has been added in the Simulation section of the GSX Setting page, next to the Simbrief username field, and it’s the ability to ignore the time in the flight plan. By default is Disabled, and Enabling it will result in GSX always loading the flight plan on Simbrief (assuming the other conditions are valid), even if the scheduled departure time has passed.

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1