Sign in to follow this  
JughedJones

Fenix Controller Question

Hey All,

Can someone help me out with their T1600 sensitivity and dead zone settings that work for them?  I feel like it's WAY too twitchy and I'd love to see someone's set up who is somewhat proficient with the aircraft. 

Further, as a bit of a tip, I was flummoxed for a while by my rudders constantly going out of alignment and causing my autopilot to cut out (to disastrous results). One of the issues was my T1600 twist Z axis was word not allowed and I had to replace the stick, but I also found out that the number pad which I use for camera presets are also used for rudder settings. Particularly the 0 and 5 numpad keys which I use most often and have serious effects on the rudder. I erased those and I'm golden.  Hopefully someone runs into this and can benefit, as it sure caused me a lot of heartache!   

Thanks for the sensitivity settings in advance!

13 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

Hey All,

Can someone help me out with their T1600 sensitivity and dead zone settings that work for them?  I feel like it's WAY too twitchy and I'd love to see someone's set up who is somewhat proficient with the aircraft. 

Further, as a bit of a tip, I was flummoxed for a while by my rudders constantly going out of alignment and causing my autopilot to cut out (to disastrous results). One of the issues was my T1600 twist Z axis was word not allowed and I had to replace the stick, but I also found out that the number pad which I use for camera presets are also used for rudder settings. Particularly the 0 and 5 numpad keys which I use most often and have serious effects on the rudder. I erased those and I'm golden.  Hopefully someone runs into this and can benefit, as it sure caused me a lot of heartache!   

My advice, get some rudder pedals if you want to fly something like the Fenix. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thank you for the advice, Bob.  

No thanks.

Anyone else have some help for the question in the OP?

-30/-30 sensititivy for my Warthog axis'. Anything else is just too twitchy and unrealistic (I used to use 0/0 on the Fenix), even with the heavy warthog joystick. The real sidestick is heavily dampened so precise movements are easy.
For the rudders (plastic, not high quality) it's -40/-40.
I use those sensitivities for any aircraft I fly.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

-30/-30 sensititivy for my Warthog axis'. Anything else is just too twitchy and unrealistic (I used to use 0/0 on the Fenix), even with the heavy warthog joystick. The real sidestick is heavily dampened so precise movements are easy.
For the rudders (plastic, not high quality) it's -40/-40.
I use those sensitivities for any aircraft I fly.

thanks so much.    I'll give it a go!  

Plastic rudder pedals just don't work for me.  I have the Thrustmaster and every year or so I'll try to make myself use them but, maybe I'm to tall and I can't find a place for them under my desk for them to be comfortable, maybe my feet are too big, but I'm so incredibly sloppy with them.   If I have an extra 3-5 hundred laying around sometime I'll pony up for a set of good ones potentially, but the twist axis has always worked fine for me. 

Edited by JughedJones

2 hours ago, JughedJones said:

Hey All,

I have a Thrustmaster Airbus Sidestick that I use in the Fenix and have setup the curves as below. As a side note I do have Virpil rudder pedals as well so only use the twist function for the tiller.

The Axis X is Aileron, Axis y is Pitch & Axis Z is the twist (Tiller in my case) 

SdlD9XF.jpg

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I've got a good friend that flies the 320 for Lufthansa - interestingly he told me they never really touch the rudder pedals other than during some particularly strong crosswind landings! The FBW handles it all in flight.

I think it's one of the few aircraft that are completely doable without pedals!

12 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

I've got a good friend that flies the 320 for Lufthansa - interestingly he told me they never really touch the rudder pedals other than during some particularly strong crosswind landings! The FBW handles it all in flight.

I think it's one of the few aircraft that are completely doable without pedals!

I guess he forgot about takeoffs. Good luck trying a takeoff roll without touching the rudder pedals 🙂

Also this is nothing special to the fly by wire, no commercial airliner needs to use its rudder pedals in flight.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

I guess he forgot about takeoffs. Good luck trying a takeoff roll without touching the rudder pedals 🙂

Also this is nothing special to the fly by wire, no commercial airliner needs to use its rudder pedals in flight.

Just landing and  taking off is a problem.  😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes but they're easier to handle with a twist stick - as opposed to holding down a pedal for long periods of flight

Just now, Bigbluss said:

Yes but they're easier to handle with a twist stick - as opposed to holding down a pedal for long periods of flight

You don't have any trim adjustments in your aircraft?

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You don't have any trim adjustments in your aircraft?

Not at the moment - focusing on the Cessna 172 with the realism expansion. I'm lucky it's even got an autopilot!