Sign in to follow this  
jvile

KMIA for fsx?

Guest Pilot533

Is there any decent scenery for fsx that replaces the default kmia runway and taxiway textures, they should be concrete not asphalt.

>Is there any decent scenery for fsx that replaces the default>kmia runway and taxiway textures, they should be concrete not>asphalt.Airnav, which is accurate most of the time, seems to be broken this morning otherwise I would check.Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_International_Airport however, says the runways are Asphalt--but then that's wikipedia, hardly a reliable source. So I don't know, maybe it's light colored asphalt. ??If you want a high level of realism in KMIA operations and parking, Jim Vile has made a KMIA airport scenery, http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...cad&DLID=104602which I recommend.Jim V. would have used published runway surface types. Whatever is published, is what he would use.If you want gmax buildings and the like, over the default 3D buildings, then I know of no scenery.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The FAA and the Miami International Airport seem to think the runways are Asphalt.Looking at satellite photos and Google Earth - they appear to be asphalt rather than concrete.Now most are a bleached out asphalt which FS doesn't model very well. I do wish they has "New" and "Old" Asphalt textures.But the photos clearly show it's not concrete like the KDFW runways. On concrete runways, you can almost always see a tile pattern. I see nothing like that for KMIA.

Guest Pilot533

Yeah I was going to say that it could also be a bleached asphalt, xgraphics has a texture for whiteish asphalt, I guess Ill have to use that.

Runway 8R/26LDimensions: 10506 x 200 ft. / 3202 x 61 m Surface: asphalt/grooved, in good condition Runway 8L/26RDimensions: 8600 x 150 ft. / 2621 x 46 m Surface: asphalt/grooved, in good condition Runway 9/27Dimensions: 13000 x 150 ft. / 3962 x 46 m Surface: asphalt/grooved, in good condition Runway 12/30Dimensions: 9354 x 150 ft. / 2851 x 46 m Surface: asphalt/grooved, in good condition The asphalt plants in South Fla use a blend of the dredging sand that comes from the canals and water pits. This causes the asphalt to have a lighter bleaching color then what you see in States further north which have a much darker base.Some asphalt out in Western NM takes on a red color based on the base that is in that area.Like Reggie says you have to look around for 3rd party runway textures that give the older bleach look. hope this helps also