Sign in to follow this  

FYI, LNM 2.8.8 32-bit and Traffic Toolbox disagree on the numbers of of AI aircraft.   LNM lists 223 aircraft and Traffic Toolbox 185.  I tried AI-companion and it agreed with Traffic Toolbox.

I tried closing and restarting LNM as well as toggling the connection, but the results were the same.

I thought there use to be a way in LNM to list all of the Ai traffic, but probably just imagining it.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

LNM reads the AI aircraft from the SimConnect interface without any filtering. No idea what can be wrong there. What simulator is this? FSX or P3D?

I'll have a look at the code.

Alex

FSX, but you may nave just explained the difference.

I'm using FSUIPC to limit traffic to 185 aircraft.  Traffic Toolbox and AI-Companion must be reading post-filter rather than LNM's pre-filter.

It's not an issue, but sometimes LNM can be displaying 400 aircraft and only 185 are actually in the air in FSX. 

At those times it gets a bit confusing when referring to LNM.

Thanks..

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

Meh. Stupid me.🤦‍♂️ I forgot that LNM has a filter in the connection dialog defining the maximum distance of AI to the user aircraft. This distance is passed to the simulator which then removes too far away aircraft. This can affect the results.

Ship AI is also counted to the vehicles. Add-ons for ship traffic will affect the number too.

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

Meh. Stupid me.🤦‍♂️ I forgot that LNM has a filter in the connection dialog defining the maximum distance of AI to the user aircraft. This distance is passed to the simulator which then removes too far away aircraft. This can affect the results.

Ship AI is also counted to the vehicles. Add-ons for ship traffic will affect the number too.

Alex

Thanks.  I've seen the options before but honestly just glanced over them.

Ernest Pergrem