Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

Sometimes I think people just want to be funny and do not intend it as ridicule. I thought it was funny and didn't think it was at your expense!

Guest MauiHawk

Good list! >1. Any processing item to move from CPU to the GPUI think we will almost certainly get some of this>2. Bloom without FPS hit.I think the FPS hit for rendering large numbers of objects (autogen) will be improved and thus will diminish this hit, but I bet it can't (or at least won't) be anywhere close to totally eliminated. Is this something that supposed to be possible with DX10?>3. Water wake and animated waves for the shores.It would be nice, but I'm skeptical we'll get it based on a couple of Phil's posts.>4. Fog (real nice IMC)Next to performance enhancements (shifting work of the primary CPU core), this would be my next biggest wish. But I was discouraged by Phil's flat-out nixing of cloud shadows which I'm fearful also means clouds won't be volumetric and therfore fog won't either and therefore fog won't be any better. Sigh.>5. NO BLURRIES, My prediction is that at least one of the general fixes has to do with blurries given Phil mentioned they were reproducing blurry issues with at least one of the 4 types he laid out (photo-scenery). But I'm guessing a large number of people will still be upset because it doesn't address the type of blurries they are seeing.

Fix all the multi-monitor issues like lockups, errors on exit and window positions/sizing...........not really a DX10 feature but WTH, it would be GREAT!Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

I don't think this has been mentioned...Why can we not have the cockpit rain effect switched back on? That must be an easy one. For that matter, why the heck did ACES take it out in the first place anyway?Vox

This thread comes about 12 months too late, because I am sure the features, graphical DX10 goodies and enhancement have been locked down months ago. Therefore it seems pretty pointless to create a wishlist one or two months before the release.If I had a wishlist then it would be better overall performance and volumetric lighting. Other than that I am already happy with the appearance of FSX with DX9.Pat

>I don't think this has been mentioned...>Why can we not have the cockpit rain effect switched back on?>That must be an easy one. For that matter, why the heck did>ACES take it out in the first place anyway?In this thread? No.But how many times must it be explained in this forum that there was no choice in the matter?The old "chained texture animations" had to be sacrificed in order to implement the new shader based rendering system.Life moves on; hardware improves, paradigm shifts occur, software evolves. Every once in awhile though, fundamental changes must be made in order to embrace new and improved techniques needed to exploit new hardware and OS enhancements.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator