Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

hi, i am starting this topic because its interesting to see what kind of opinions u have.i would like to see HDR-lighting, cloud shadows, autogen soft shadows, more autogen drawed in the distance, better handling of autogen, better handling of bloom, volumetric fog and clouds.it would be good to add a support of tesselation and support for dual and multi GPUs.tesselation is a feature where GPU is acting as CPU, if somebody didn't know it. tesselation is the future.happy flightstero

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Definatly cloud shadows. And a performance increase if you fly through 3d clouds instead of a big fram drop. ;)

What "we" want and what we get are always going to be far apart. ACES has their own set of priorities, which "we" sometimes can influence through our feedback here and elsewhere.However that said, the feature set is alread set for the initial DX10 features supported, so it's a moot issue at this time. ;)

I'd be happy with just cloud shadows, and a lot more autogen with no frame rate penalty.Mike.

1. HDR lighting2. Cloud shadows3. Better clouds and sun bursts5. Proper waves with froth6. Grass shrubsie. everything promised in the previews over a year ago.

I would like to see better rendition of close-in water waves and sray from the Beaver floats. Not necessarily waves with "froth" but more akin to that already well done in "Silent Hunter" submarine sim and their rendition of bow waves using DX9 applied to the floats. The water is far to glassy to look realistic in FSX - its nowhere near "as real as it gets". The Fourier transform method the SH boys use looks pretty efficient to achieve this effect in FSX. It would be a great disappointment if this were not upgraded given the spin given to DX10 when it can already be done using DX9!!Cheers WOZ

I would like to see the DX calls (or most of them) moved to secondary calls to take better advantage of multi-core machines.

>Can you point to these "promises"? And please don't point to>the famous artist rendition as a promise.While I appreciate the fact that Phil has expressed regret over the magic screenies and that we now know we can't expect everything in them, it was perfectly reasonable at the time to interpret them as a demonstration of what ACES thought possible. In fact, that was the very point, wasn't it?If M$ is going to make overly optimistic demonstrations to push sales of Vista, I think its fair that they take flak for not living up to the demonstrations.

>You guys do realize that they aren't adding anything>significant right? Phil said they were looking in to using the new display model DX10 introduces to move many/most of the DX calls to secondary cores. I think this feature alone could theoretically offer very significant fps boosts on multi-core machines. I'm crossing my fingers that it worked out...

I would like to see people walking in the streets, flight attendants bringing hot coffee to the crew, and above all, mosquitos squashed on the car's windshield.Thank you Santa Clause *:-*

I think FSX is pretty enough as it should be for this release, so I'd be happy if DX10 did no more than transfer the long overdue fair share of workload from the CPU over to the underworkded GPU and bring performance to the masses! Oh and cloud shadows if you can jimmy them in :-)Gary

Judging by your use of "M$" you're probably a little too eager to see MS take flak whether deserved or not.Now you may ask yourself if the "magic screens" were an overly optimistic demonstration to push Vista sales or what FSX (DX10) would have looked like before Aces was "burned at the stake" over FSX (DX9) performance. I have no doubt that during the course of this year Aces has decided to scale back its vision of DX10 for concern of facing another angry mob of "slider challenged" people. In fact, Phil, made a post a while back alluding to the fact that they weren

i'd like to see beautiful white snowflakes for the coming winter season!not this gray rainlike crap.

in FSX im used to far better visuals what even UTX, scenerytech landclass and 10 meter mesh can offer in daylight. here are some screenshots of Megascenery X hawaii in its full glory autogen maxed, UTX night lights and BLOOMING, getting flyable 17-30 fps.http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...pic=126355&st=0i have high expectations with DX 10, because i want to fly also in daylight with better visuals, autogen alignment is a joke at the moment full conifer forest in front nothing in the far distance. happy flights, tero

I would like it if, during the evening (if it is really cloudy) the side of the plane facing the setting sun wouldn't shine. currently the side of the plane that faces the sunset, gleams in the different light. This is quite weird when I am flying in 3-mile visibility and 100% cloud cover. I will try and post a screenshot of this in a second post.

>While I appreciate the fact that Phil has expressed regret>over the magic screenies and that we now know we can't expect>everything in them, it was perfectly reasonable at the time to>interpret them as a demonstration of what ACES thought>possible. In fact, that was the very point, wasn't it?>>If M$ is going to make overly optimistic demonstrations to>push sales of Vista, I think its fair that they take flak for>not living up to the demonstrations.I have to concur. There is a serious disconnect between these guys and their marketing department. As a customer, I for one am pretty tired of it. They will get flak from me if the dx10 patch does nothing but add a few fps. I want God rays, cloud shadows and better waves at the very least.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup