Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

Guest tmholopa

hi, i am starting this topic because its interesting to see what kind of opinions u have.i would like to see HDR-lighting, cloud shadows, autogen soft shadows, more autogen drawed in the distance, better handling of autogen, better handling of bloom, volumetric fog and clouds.it would be good to add a support of tesselation and support for dual and multi GPUs.tesselation is a feature where GPU is acting as CPU, if somebody didn't know it. tesselation is the future.happy flightstero

Guest N684

Definatly cloud shadows. And a performance increase if you fly through 3d clouds instead of a big fram drop. ;)

What "we" want and what we get are always going to be far apart. ACES has their own set of priorities, which "we" sometimes can influence through our feedback here and elsewhere.However that said, the feature set is alread set for the initial DX10 features supported, so it's a moot issue at this time. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'd be happy with just cloud shadows, and a lot more autogen with no frame rate penalty.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

1. HDR lighting2. Cloud shadows3. Better clouds and sun bursts5. Proper waves with froth6. Grass shrubsie. everything promised in the previews over a year ago.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I would like to see better rendition of close-in water waves and sray from the Beaver floats. Not necessarily waves with "froth" but more akin to that already well done in "Silent Hunter" submarine sim and their rendition of bow waves using DX9 applied to the floats. The water is far to glassy to look realistic in FSX - its nowhere near "as real as it gets". The Fourier transform method the SH boys use looks pretty efficient to achieve this effect in FSX. It would be a great disappointment if this were not upgraded given the spin given to DX10 when it can already be done using DX9!!Cheers WOZ

You guys do realize that they aren't adding anything significant right?

Those waves are pretty good. But, not as good as Crysis.

Guest MauiHawk

I would like to see the DX calls (or most of them) moved to secondary calls to take better advantage of multi-core machines.

Guest MauiHawk

>Can you point to these "promises"? And please don't point to>the famous artist rendition as a promise.While I appreciate the fact that Phil has expressed regret over the magic screenies and that we now know we can't expect everything in them, it was perfectly reasonable at the time to interpret them as a demonstration of what ACES thought possible. In fact, that was the very point, wasn't it?If M$ is going to make overly optimistic demonstrations to push sales of Vista, I think its fair that they take flak for not living up to the demonstrations.

Guest MauiHawk

>You guys do realize that they aren't adding anything>significant right? Phil said they were looking in to using the new display model DX10 introduces to move many/most of the DX calls to secondary cores. I think this feature alone could theoretically offer very significant fps boosts on multi-core machines. I'm crossing my fingers that it worked out...

I would like to see people walking in the streets, flight attendants bringing hot coffee to the crew, and above all, mosquitos squashed on the car's windshield.Thank you Santa Clause *:-*

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.