Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Automatically Setup FMC?

Community,

Can the FMC be automatically setup using flight plans we create in MSFS?

It wasn't clear if FS2Crew did this automatically or the PMDG standlone.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Not sure whether it can be done with the MSFS flight plans but I would guess not since "setting up" the FMC requires a bit more than just loading flightplans, here we talk about weights and fuel and winds and ... Simbrief can do that though with any of the FMCs I use, being the JF146, Fenix, PMDG737, FBW320 or Headwind330. Did you ever try Simbrief?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

32 minutes ago, DAD said:

Not sure whether it can be done with the MSFS flight plans but I would guess not since "setting up" the FMC requires a bit more than just loading flightplans, here we talk about weights and fuel and winds and ... Simbrief can do that though with any of the FMCs I use, being the JF146, Fenix, PMDG737, FBW320 or Headwind330. Did you ever try Simbrief?

How does Simbrief do weights and fuel with the PMDG737?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, SidekickUBT said:

Community,

Thanks in advance.

Tim

For the PMDG 737:

FS2Crew doesn’t set up the FMS.

I’ve never tried to get a MSFS-created flight plan into the FMS. You’d need to download the MSFS plan, convert it to .rte format and place it in the correct PMDG folder. Then import it into the FMC via the company route function. I suspect that that process is not feasible.

I personally have Voiceattack set up to allow the FO to enter generic data into the CDU if I’m in a hurry . I can then import a Simbrief flight plan manually.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

Community,

Thanks in advance.

Tim

FSFO is capable of complete pre-flight setup if required and anything in between, it also has built in RAAS and Pushback option.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

I’ve never tried to get a MSFS-created flight plan into the FMS. You’d need to download the MSFS plan, convert it to .rte format and place it in the correct PMDG folder. Then import it into the FMC via the company route function. I suspect that that process is not feasible.

I think Little Navmap can do this.

• Like 1

Rashid Yacine

3 hours ago, SidekickUBT said:

Community,

Thanks in advance.

Tim

OK, the answer is "YES" for PMDG.

Here's how to create a flight plan in MSFS and then get it into your PMDG FMC.

1. Create the flight plan in MSFS.

2. In Little Nav Map: import your flight plan by clicking on the "File" menu and selecting "Open Flight Plan". Navigate to the location where you saved your flight plan in step 2 and select it.

3. Once your flight plan has been imported, you can export it to PMDG .rte format by clicking on the "File" menu and selecting "Multiexport Flight Plan Options". In the export dialog, choose "PMDG aircraft for MSFS" as the output format.

4. Save the file to your PMDG Flight plans folder. Mine (for Steam edition) is C:\Users\OzWhitey\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\Flightplans

5. You can now use the converted .rte file in your PMDG aircraft by loading it into the FMC (Flight Management Computer) using the company route function. In this case, I created YBMK to YSSY and called the file YBMKYSSY. Go to the RTE page of the CDU, type YBMKYSSY into the scratchpad and select Co Route. Voila! Flight plan entered into the FMC of the 737-800.

So that's how you do it for PMDG, I suspect it's conceptually similar for many other aircraft.

Generally, creating the plan in Simbrief and downloading it to both PMDG and MSFS will be a better and quicker option.

• Like 1

Oz