Sign in to follow this  
PILOT'S

PILOT'S Boeing B-314 v1.2 (MSFS) Update Released

It’s been another very busy week for us at PILOT’S. Our 3rd B-314 update since the official first release 3 weeks ago was finalized late yesterday, I’m pleased to be able to inform you that PILOT’S B-314 - The Clipper v1.2 is now available!

We’ve managed to find a solution for the mooring lines to now show when the B-314 is moored at startup in a Cold & Dark state, they should then release the B-314 once the mooring switch is in the OFF position.

As per a customer request, the hide/show yoke clickspots have now been repositioned. I have also taken the hide/show copilot clickspot and moved it to the rudder pedal area, close to the hide/show copilot yoke clickspot.

We have also added a new livery for the B-314A, the BOAC B-314A Bristol livery, the flag ship of the three Boeing B-314A flying boats of the British Overseas Airways Corporation - see the screenshots below!

I’ve also revised the Gyropilot code, heading hold should now be a lot more robust.

As previously, I welcome your feedback on this 3rd update within 3 weeks of our initial release.

Jerome

tD2aqB3.jpg

jeVNgwX.jpg

d9nYyQw.jpg

A9hpIHm.jpg

tOkJ0fG.jpg

• Like 2

Having a little trouble with this update, for some reason, The mooring switch will not disengage and allow me to taxi with a cold and dark start. I thought it was because I didn't uninstall the last version first but it's no good. Every time I switch the mooring switch it just flips back up, regardless of the panel state. (EDIT: I should add that when I say "panel state" I mean that even if the engines are running, shore and battery power are on/off, whatever, it doesn't let go)

otherwise, works like a charm!

Edited by SH427

37 minutes ago, SH427 said:

Having a little trouble with this update, for some reason, The mooring switch will not disengage and allow me to taxi with a cold and dark start. I thought it was because I didn't uninstall the last version first but it's no good. Every time I switch the mooring switch it just flips back up, regardless of the panel state. (EDIT: I should add that when I say "panel state" I mean that even if the engines are running, shore and battery power are on/off, whatever, it doesn't let go)

otherwise, works like a charm!

Please try downloading the installer again, uninstall what you currently have, then do a completely fresh install and see if that resolves the issue.

Jerome

49 minutes ago, PILOT'S said:

Please try downloading the installer again, uninstall what you currently have, then do a completely fresh install and see if that resolves the issue.

Jerome

I did that, ut the mooring switch lost its functionality in this update. It was still working in the last one though...

P.S.

Congratulations and many thanks for the update and the work put into it! Every step is highly appreciated!

Edited by Scorpio47
  • Like 1

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

I can confirm, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still did it. 
Going to a "runway" start, I actually couldn't enable the mooring switch. So it seems to be stuck "on" in the cold start and stuck "off" in a hot start. 

Had similar on version 1.0 before the cold starts were fixed, certain engines (never the same one either, but one engine) couldn't be shut off because the mag switch would flip back to "both" when I tried shutting it off, the mix lever for that engine would "jump" back to its full rich position when I tried pulling it back, mixture axis didn't fix it, keybinds didn't fix it. It just seems like maybe another type of lVar issue? 
(EDIT: I initially tried this on the regular 314 and then I just tried again on the 314A and same issue, at least its not airframe specific!)

Edited by SH427

33 minutes ago, Scorpio47 said:

I did that, ut the mooring switch lost its functionality in this update. It was still working in the last one though...

P.S.

Congratulations and many thanks for the update and the work put into it! Every step is highly appreciated!

27 minutes ago, SH427 said:

I can confirm, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still did it. 
Going to a "runway" start, I actually couldn't enable the mooring switch. So it seems to be stuck "on" in the cold start and stuck "off" in a hot start. 

Had similar on version 1.0 before the cold starts were fixed, certain engines (never the same one either, but one engine) couldn't be shut off because the mag switch would flip back to "both" when I tried shutting it off, the mix lever for that engine would "jump" back to its full rich position when I tried pulling it back, mixture axis didn't fix it, keybinds didn't fix it. It just seems like maybe another type of lVar issue? 
(EDIT: I initially tried this on the regular 314 and then I just tried again on the 314A and same issue, at least its not airframe specific!)

I just downloaded our B-314 for MSFS installer from the shop, installed the B-314 and tested it, the mooring switch is fully functional, as it should be.

Please ensure that you download the installer again from the shop, and do not simply uninstall and reinstall from your existing downloaded installer!

Jerome 

Try as I might, I am unable to downloiad the update to Clipper v1.2. In fact, I am unable to locate the link to the update on the Pilot's website.

Please advise.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

Try as I might, I am unable to downloiad the update to Clipper v1.2. In fact, I am unable to locate the link to the update on the Pilot's website.

Please advise.

Thank you.

You login to your account, once logged in, directly underneath the large PILOT'S logo on the top left you will find a "My Downloads" section, then select the relevant product you own and once you click on "Show Downloads", you will see the link for downloading the B-314 for MSFS v1.2.

Jerome

Edited by PILOT'S

Following those directions, this is the only file I see under "My Downloads."

Boeing B314 - The Clipper MSFS, all docs and manual
11.03.2023 (R1, V1.0; Size 27.7MB)

Note the version number. V1.0

When I download the file, I get a zip file containing manuals 1 & 2 and a URL linking me back to the Pilot'sClipper main page site where I started.

This is all very frustrating.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

Following those directions, this is the only file I see under "My Downloads."

Boeing B314 - The Clipper MSFS, all docs and manual
11.03.2023 (R1, V1.0; Size 27.7MB)

Note the version number. V1.0

When I download the file, I get a zip file containing manuals 1 & 2 and a URL linking me back to the Pilot'sClipper main page site where I started.

This is all very frustrating.

Thank you.

Well you selected the download link for the manuals, and so that is what downloads.

Directly underneath that is:

Boeing B-314 - The Clipper MSFS (full install)
02.04.2023 (R1g, V1.20; Size 1.54GB)

Just make sure you have selected that from the dropdown menu and not the manuals.

Jerome

6 minutes ago, rexbo47 said:

Got it! Thanks, Jerome, I thought I was losing my mind. 

Cheers!

Very welcome, always happy to help.

Jerome

• Like 1