Sign in to follow this  
Emile

FSX slow to load all of a sudden

Hi Peter,I did try but no luck negative result for me.Still same Loooonnnnggg load.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hello,For weeks now I try to find why the "free flight" load time takes longer and longer. I takes 15 minutes !!May be my addon scenery organization is wrong?Can ACES suggest or recommend how the "addon scenery" should be organized so that we have very good performances and reduce the number of O/Is that kills me system?Some say ALL the scenery addons .bgl, ... to the Addon Scenery/scenery and ALL textures to Addon scenery texture?I use an organization to help me to maintain my FSX. Is this OK?Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hello,Good news, I have solved my problem!I consolidated all add_XXXXXXXXXXXX.bgl files, lens XXXXXX.bgl and all related .bgls in the C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon SceneryStatic Objects Libraryscenerysame with the textures in theC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon SceneryStatic Objects LibrarytextureLoad time is now less than 2 minutes ....Thanks Emile !!

Hi Emile,Is the Static Objects Library folder one in which you created? And, can you elaborate on what you mean by

Hello,Pictures are beter than a long explanation.While searching a solution (mostly using Filemon product) I found that many ,more than many, I/Os were related to .bgl files present in many sceneries installed into my Addon Scenery folder.I found several and same copies in several sceneries.These files are "RWY12" and "EZ...." related. If a designer decide to include some "objects" already available in these libraries he adds these .bgl in his scenery folder. When you install these sceneries you can have MANY copies of the same .bgl.So I decided to "move" all the "add_XXXXXXX.bgl" into the same folder the "static object library" see attached screenshots. Same for the textures.And in final my "free flight" load time is now max 2 minutes (depending on the continent, country) coming from 15 minutes ....Conclusion : when you decide to doanload and install a scenery , DO control what files .bgl and .bmp or other are present , try to avoid to have multiple copies of the same files... do NOT as often instructed "just move the folder in your addon scenery and declare it "

My FSX recently started to load very slow - 6-7 minutes instead of 3 minutes. Read all the messages in this string and eventually found it was caused by activating my FS9 EZ-Scenery folder in FSX. EZ-Scenery is for FS9? so I guess at this stage is not compatible with FSX - I had imported an FS9 Ednonton which required the EZ-Scenery libraries.I tried the "DisablePreload=1" command in my FSX.cfg file and it totally screwed it up - seemed to remove all the "Enter" commands and everything "glommed" together. No aircraft menu anywhere when I fired up FSX.Incidently, I can attest to the latest Cat7.10 drivers from ATI - distictly better graphics (although they were good before) but whether they have improved fps is too subjective to say.NigelVancouverMy System:Intel Core2 Duo E6400Gigabyte GA 965G DS3 mobo Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950XT video card PCI-e 512MB2GB Transcend 800Mhz DDR2 RAMMaxtor 80GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 200GB 7200rpm hard driveWestern Digital 250GB 7200rpm hard driveCreative Sound Blaster Live! with latest driversNEC FE950+ crt monitorCHProducts USB yoke and pedalsWindows XP Home edition with SP2DirectX 9.0©Silverstone Olympia 650W power supply with 54A on the 12v single railFive case fans