Sign in to follow this  
rolly

new monitor with GTX 1080 TI

5 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

They exist, but you do not see them at Walmart

There aren’t any Walmarts in the UK. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, rolly said:

The problem with getting a better GPU is bottleneck!! The GTX 1080TI is pretty much what this Intel CPU can handle!

I don't agree.  With frame generation (new tech) and a 40xx series card you can basically double your fps using just the drivers from nvidia.  I agree a 4090 isn't a good fit with the 8700K but a 4080 or 4070 Ti would be.

With this new fangled frame gen stuff I can get triple digits in NYC.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There aren’t any Walmarts in the UK. 😉

To be honest I think the Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" might be a bit of overkill anyway.

maxresdefault.jpg

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

To be honest I think the Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" might be a bit of overkill anyway.

There are plenty who have that size of display who would disagree with you. Totally unfeasible for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Holy molly!!! Same for me. Huge screen need huge room!!🤣🤣

32; 34" would be enough for me.

Edited by rolly

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There are plenty who have that size of display who would disagree with you. Totally unfeasible for me.

Not just the size.

it also rotates into portrait mode  and the curve is variable, you can flatten it out or curve it more to suit yourself.

More to the point, the price tag would come close to paying for a 4090 / Varjo Aero or Pimax  VR setup.