Sign in to follow this  
flyinmaninmn

Error Installing FSX

Hi there

I have a problem installing FSX. I install the game and right before it finisheses it stops and beeps and says the fpllowing:

Error1722 There is a Problem with the Windows Installer Package. AProgram as part of the setup setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Anyone else have or seen this message? Any help on how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

I tried the link, everything goes well. The program that installs, when you first open it, you are given the choice to unzip it. I do so, then it creates a .exe file on my desktop. I try running that but it flashes and does nothing.

Consider investing a few dollars into FSX Steam Edition.  It runs better than the boxed versions and is fully compatible Windows 10 and 11.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Is the Steam Edition the Game or an addon? Hiw would I purchase it? Where do I get it from?

Edited by flyinmaninmn

10 hours ago, flyinmaninmn said:

Is the Steam Edition the Game or an addon? Hiw would I purchase it? Where do I get it from?

The Steam Edition is best considered to be the latest and final version of FSX.  It has all the patches and Acceleration features made by MicroSoft, but was also recompiled so as to make it run smoother, manage it's limited RAM usage better so as to reduce or eliminate the dreaded "out of memory" crash, and requires none of the CFG file edits that the boxed editions usually needed.  It is also fully compatible with current versions of Windows, no installation or activation issues.  After many years of using the boxed versions, then switching to the Steam Edition, I'm a huge fan of the Steam Edition of FSX.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Everything is ok now, except, when FSX loads, it views 1/2 screen and a panaramic view that makes the airplanes streched out like a pencil. Any help on how to fix this?

In the FSX.cfg under [Display] set WideVewAspect=False.  If it is set to False then set to True.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, flyinmaninmn said:

where can I find the FSX cfg file? Im using the steam version so the files may differ than the boxed ones.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/626329820947174557/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: