Sign in to follow this  
Virtualwombat

Light Bloom

Hi All,Recently got FSX running really great on my PC. Decided to experiment with Light Bloom, which when working right, doesn't seem to impact my framerate all too much, and looks great.Problem is, there are times when it causes undesired effects. Namely, the whole screen goes white (seems to mostly happen in VC of aircraft). Also, the aircraft preview when initially starting FSX also goes white (just where the aircraft spins, not the entire screen). This however only seems to occur with aircraft that have a white or partially white livery. Turning Light Bloom off stops the white screen from occuring.Anybody else experience this, and have any work arounds? I'm running a Nvidia GeForce 7900GTO 512Mb.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yup..There is a Problem with Bloom in VC if you have low visibility. Are you flying in clear weather?IT happens to me when I fly with low visibility/IMC etc.. Which is when I really want Bloom.Another thing.. The problem reduced considerably when I moved to the 8800 nVidia card. But the problem is still exists for me.I have not found a work around.Manny

I have a 7800 card and I also have seen the "white-out" effect with Bloom enabled. It happens a lot in Map View (F12) on my setup.I usually run without bloom.I've tried various drivers and tweaks and never solved itRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

The white out issue seems to occur more frequently with planes produced for FS9 and ported to FSX. Default FSX planes and (some) planes designed for FSX like the RAS SF260 don't have this problem or it occurs less often. So it might be an interaction between GPU, drivers and aircraft model.Cheers,Noel.