Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Fenix A320 - Engine failure FMGS response

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

does A320 has critical engine?

No, it doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Is it hard to compensate for asymmetric thrust?

When TOGA power is selected a large pedal input is required, FLEX/ MCT power demands quite a pedal input as well. During APP phase with power about idle less pedal input ( around 7° to 8° of rudder trim ) . Beta target is a wonderful tool in single engine operations.

• Like 1

Well, I am glad to learn that at least it's thought for future updates and being debated in their Discord channel, which I will not be able to attend due to my personal option not to use such channels.

Truth is overall Fenix is still an amazing simulation of an A320.

Also a thank you to all who posted their thoughts!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, the single engine behaviour/performance is being looked at under a microscope for the V2 update. There is already a new asymmetric thrust rudder controller that has been implemented to help improve the handling characteristics of the aircraft when OEI in the development build, it responds really nicely so far. One piece of the puzzle of course. But we're not just working on making the thrust correct and leaving it at that!

Edited by Aamir
  • Like 8

Aamir Thacker

3 hours ago, Aamir said:

Yes, the single engine behaviour/performance is being looked at under a microscope for the V2 update. There is already a new asymmetric thrust rudder controller that has been implemented to help improve the handling characteristics of the aircraft when OEI in the development build, it responds really nicely so far. One piece of the puzzle of course. But we're not just working on making the thrust correct and leaving it at that!

I know you guys are usually really happy to throw user requests into the big "To Do" pile. I have a request for your model guy. I'm assuming his workload has been pretty light, so I was wondering; For the Engine Failure Event [Engine Damage = Yes], think he'd be willing to spend some of his time building a cool visual model to coincide with the trigger?

maxresdefault.jpg

Would be a pretty neat to nail the v1 cut, land, RTG, then pop in the external view and go "OH SH-!".

That's my vanity request for the day (year?). Have a great Spring! Cheers.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.