Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

uneven terrain many at addon airports

I have noticed recently that many of my installed addon airport sceneries from various Dev;s have uneven ( wobbly) taxiways and aprons , some are worse than others , iam in dev mode at the moment , and was using the black square taxi sign thing so uninstalled it thinking it could be that , but no , the terrain elevation issue is still there , i do have installed GSX, FS traffic + FSTL, FS2Crew RAAS Pro , Fenix , Navigraph charts etc ( full subscription), Fsuipc 7, and just one or two freeware airports . its starting to get annoying now lol , anyone get this too ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

2 hours ago, sonny147 said:

I have noticed recently that many of my installed addon airport sceneries from various Dev;s have uneven ( wobbly) taxiways and aprons , some are worse than others 

Unfortunately, even without any add-ons, this is an issue at many airports within MSFS platform. Many airports don't have sloped runways or even the ones that have you will notice issues and abrupt/uneven pavements. I agree, quite an upsetting/unrealistic situation. I know, not a solution, just an observation.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Yeah, thats been around for a while, I have noticed Denver (default) is pretty bad with massively sloping taxiways. Also noticed it on some of the other default (but handcrafted airports) Faro has an interestingly sloping apron! Although I must confess most of my paid addons appear to be fine. I do wonder if Asobo will ever get around to sorting out some of these sloping issues. Even with updates as recent as NZ Queenstown has some taxiways that have some serious gradient to them! Not to mention the fact that A320's are attempting to take off on 14/32 which measures at an impressive 700 meters or so and would be a challenge even with a 80 knot headwind!   

• Like 1

Anthony Milner

so its not just me then , thought there was something wrong with my install, I get the slopes and contours are a nice feature , but some airports are just not right , thanks guys

Edited by sonny147

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Unless you are pilot most likely you wouldn't know or notice slopped runway or taxiways. I have three version of my home KCRQ airport from different developer. And seems most of them get things right.

Below is view on runway 24

f92e7e1a9c433ed1282abb65bc5fc430577c1080

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

its not the sloped runways , its the uneven ground/taxiways/apron areas that seem way over done , not realistic at all !

Oh yeah, sloped runways are not a problem at all, I have flown into many in my time! Its the taxiway that suddenly steps up at about 30 degrees or so of inclination that is more of a concern! haha!

Edited by antic81
  • Like 1

Anthony Milner

Could it be a conflict between an Asobo detailed airport and an Add-on scenery?

no I've checked all that , I don't know what it is , I've deleted any conflicting Asobo/MS airports ??

I’d say ORBXs Essendon is among one of the worst. Don’t devs taxi around before releasing a product just to check? Add a quick flatten maybe?

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, antic81 said:

Oh yeah, sloped runways are not a problem at all, 

Perhaps just checking one of them like ELLX, any rwy, will change the optics.

Edited by LRBS

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090