Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stoopy

A slightly different view

This post will be a very unusual one for me as I usually do not involve myself with posting unless it directly affects my work.This may be quite a bit longer than some other posts but lately I have felt an ever growing need to express my feelings on the subject of FSX.Every time that a new version of any graphics intensive software is released there is an almost immediate need to upgrade hardware yet on these forums it

Guest troppo

FSX is fantastic, could never go back to FS9 and I only have an FX-57 amd and a XFX 7950xxx card.FSX rocks, lets hope more poeple find the truth out and give it a try instead of listening to all the negatives that are written about FSX by people who obviuosly dont know how good FSX is.Here's hoping for more FSX addonshttp://www.IVIBE.com http://www.FS-GS.com Intellivibe guarantees you better Vibrations sitting in the cockpit / racecar .. FS-GS guarantees you better Frame Rates for a lot less than a costly upgrade ..

What Super 80 are you flying? I've been thinking about getting one.Also, good post. I agree with most of what you said.

Excellent post!I've always enjoyed FSX from day one, even on my old P4 3.4 system. I built the new rig not out of dissatisfaction with FSX but just because I could and I wanted to. I am amazed at the exceptional quality and performance with most of the bells and whistles.And I also agree totally about multiplayer - To see automobile traffic and AI when flying MP is a kick.Sadly, there are a LOT of people who *think* they know a lot about computers who have to blame FSX for their own ineptitude in setting up and maintaining a system.No, it's not perfect but I have never seen any software that is AND it still is the best sim I have ever flown.Just MHO,VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioined for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIe Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest JSPuonti

>I and the people I fly with use multiplayer to travel all over>the world and we have a great time.>FSX is the best simulator I have ever flown. Multi-player>through sim-connect is a fantastic concept which has given me>hours of enjoyment and a new appreciation of the intricacies>of flight far beyond Fs9.If only multiplayer worked for everyone. Unfortunately, there's plenty of us who really like the improvements FSX's multiplayer offers over FS9, but who simply can not enjoy them because the lobby / network system used in FSX refuses to work as it should. I just spent two whole hours trying and trying to get some multiplayer action going and only managed to connect TWICE. The first succesful session ended into a CTD about 5 minutes later while I was operating the GPS in a shared cockpit. The second ended because I couldn't find anyone to share a plane with.While I'm glad someone's enjoying it, I do reserve the right to feel bummed when it does not work for me. Which is most of the time :/

I do agree that FSX is very welcom advancement in the FS series for all the reasons you specify, and I've said it before but with the performance issues and OS changes etc.... it has thrown people for a loop. Do I get DX10 compatible hardware including Vista or wait a year etc.....?Couple that with hardware finally being available to run FS9 full tilt with all the add-ons, not to mention the massive investment many have put into those FS9 add-ons and you can then see why many have chosen to stay with FS9 for now.With that said, the rumour mill and anti-FSX campaign by some seem juvenile and close-minded at times and I don't believe produces any fruitful progression to the flight sim community and reputation.Ian.

Guest PPSFA

I fly multiplayer only now, and I have zero problems connecting, except when the Gamespy servers themselves are having issues, which isnt often. Sounds like a connection or configuration issue on your end. Sorry to hear you are having problems, multiplayer is the only way to fly !As far as the Flight1 MD80, up to this point it is the BEST airliner by far for FSX, IF you like the steam gauges and an old style 'flight computer.

Guest JSPuonti

I wish it was at my end, then I might have a chance of fixing it :/

Guest gmorar

Totally agree with this post. I did not buy FSX until 2 weeks ago, based on some negative reviews, to find out I was missing a great great flight simulator, the best so far !!!I'm just having some troubles with the clouds ... and don't know if there are some replacements in lower quality. Besides that, I'm delighted with this wonderful product :-)

Guest Shalomar

I would like to buy a complex aircraft with a good VC that can share cockpits. So you say the Flight 1 MD fits the bill?If so, I am there...Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

>I fly multiplayer only now, and I have zero problems>connecting, except when the Gamespy servers themselves are>having issues, which isnt often. Sounds like a connection or>configuration issue on your end. Sorry to hear you are having>problems, multiplayer is the only way to fly !>>As far as the Flight1 MD80, up to this point it is the BEST>airliner by far for FSX, IF you like the steam gauges and an>old style 'flight computer.Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely be checking it out now.

Guest PPSFA

Run, don't walk, and get it :-)BTW, you WILL need to read the 292 page manual, if that gives you an idea of the complexity :)

Please let me use your post as an example of exactly what I am talking about.and please understand that this is not personal.After reading your post I think that most people would believe that your problem with simconnect and multiplayer is a fault with FSX and a condition that the majority of users experienceBut it is very unlikely that this is the case.In fact in my experience and that of many others it is not the case at all.This doesn't mean that I reject what you are saying I believe you.But I do not see it as directly related to FSX.I would guess that your problem is machine based. You see it as sim related because the intensity of the software highlights the machine specific error. In fact a post such as yours or others deserve an answer but it doesn't, in my opinion, belong in the FSX forum where others are liable to see it as a fault with the sim but rather in a forum about networks, connectivity, hardware etc................