Sign in to follow this  
aua668

aviaCDU freezes during switching between CAPT/FO side

Hi,

Since some weeks (I can't tell the exact date when it started) I have a small problem with the aviaCDU for the Majestic Q400. I use P3D v5 with the latest HF under WIN 10. I display the CDU on an Android tablet with Chrome as the browser. The error is reproducable in every flight.

During flight preparation I first turn on the CDU on the captain side, then I switch to the FO CDU by clicking on the screw on the left top corner. I turn on the FO CDU and then I switch back by to the captain side CDU clicking on the screw again. And that's the moment, where the browser window freezes. Of course the CDUs in the simulator  are still working. The solution to solve the problem is easy: I just close the browser and restart it again. From that point in time I can switch between the two instances without problems without any freeze. It's only at the first switching back to the primary CDU.

I also have the same behaviour with the CDU of the Aerosoft A320 Professional. Switching back to the primary CDU the first time and the application freezes in the browser.

Of course this might have several reasons: A Windows update, an Android update, a Chrome update, etc. Luckily there is an easy fix to solve the problem. So I can live with it. But maybe you have other reports or any idea, what could be the reason.

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

that's the first time I'm hearing of this issue.

Anyone else noticing this?

Does this happen if you run your PC's browser (Chrome, Edge, FF) and connect to the CDU as well?

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

This is also something I'm experiencing.  using iPad with chrome connected to PMDG 737-800

Dean Farley

On 5/5/2023 at 3:42 PM, marcom said:

Hi Reinhard,

that's the first time I'm hearing of this issue.

Anyone else noticing this?

Does this happen if you run your PC's browser (Chrome, Edge, FF) and connect to the CDU as well?

Regards

Mark

Hi,

I am using it only on the Android tablet with Chrome at the moment. Will check, if this happens on a PC too.

Rgds
Reinhard

I am seeing this issue as well on my Android Tablet with Chrome.  Suspect is either a Android or Chrome update as it worked before, and just started happening a few weeks ago with no changes to Aviaserver.

• Upvote 1

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Same problem here and it also started a few weeks back with PMDG 737... A few more details:

• Happens with both iPad and Samsung Android devices
  • Connects perfectly to captain's side -- everything works the AviaCDU screen updates and all the buttons work.
  • When I switch to co-pilots side it appears to freeze.   Buttons do nothing.
  • But, if I press the buttons on the CDU in the cockpit, the AviaCDU co-pilot display does update properly.  Just the buttons don't work
  • If I then switch back to the pilot's side, the pilots side works fine.
  • If I switch back to the co-pilot side the buttons are dead again.  BUT, after about 5 minutes or so they do start working.  

Weird!

I'm seeing the same thing:

Seems especially problematic on GalaxyTab/Chrome - but after 5 min. or so it will start working again

I was not able to make the freeze happen on my iPhone/Safari

mjchernis what browser/s are you using for the CDU on iPad, Samsung/Android?

On 5/10/2023 at 12:39 PM, Andayle said:

This is also something I'm experiencing.  using iPad with chrome connected to PMDG 737-800

Have any of the iPad users other than me tried Safari?

Hmmm, I'm guessing Chrome as we have iPad and Android devices having the issue with Chrome browser.

The OP is experiencing this in P3D with Majestic Q. I experience it in MSFS with PMDG so unlikely sim or aircraft related.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Unfortunately, don't have my iPad home with me so can't test safari but did some more testing with Chrome on Android.   Created a home screen link to the co-pilot CDU using the port suggested by the AviaServer.  If I use that BEFORE connecting to the pilot's side CDU it seems to work right away. 

I know--weird and unlikely sounding.

Hi,

The following helped me to avoid the freeze during the last flights: If I power up CDU 1, I wait until the initialization routine of the CDU has finished. Then I switch to the CDU 2. Power up and wait again before switching back to CDU 1. In the flights before I pressed the ON button and switched to CDU 2 for doing the same. Since I wait for the init routine to run before switching it didn't freeze.

Rgds

Reinhard