Sign in to follow this  
Jaxsimmer

Horrible Stutters on final

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and if it has a simple solution by turning down a particular slider or something.

I have fairly old system with a 1070 in it, but it gives me surprisingly good performance. Amazing performance if you consider all the groaning on here by people who have issues with 4080s and 4090s and the like. Before you say throw the old piece of junk away, let me say I am waiting to hear everyone finally say VR is perfection and then I will redo everything with the latest and greatest hardware needed for that.

Anyway, at some point in the last few months really horrendous stutters have appeared whenever I am on final. From about three mile final to a couple of hundred feet from the runway the system stutters so badly I can barely control the aircraft. Then right before touchdown the stutters go away.

Anyone else experiencing this, and if so, find a resolution?

Bennett

I did experience this and solved it by de-activating the rolling cache.

What CPU do you have? Most stutters seem to be caused by the CPU. Terrain LOD is probably the one slider that hits the CPU the hardest. Try lowering it way down and see what it does.

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I really can't put my finger on this one. Thou I would speculate that something has to be related to the last update. I say this, having in view the following, I had to re-format my PC and re-install MSFS. Previously, before the last update, I had no stutters at all and recently I noticed all kinds of issues.
So, after this new install everything was perfect, being very happy with the way MSFS is running I checked the Content Manages and found out that there were 16 updates available and did it to myself. After the 16 updates, I'm left with intermittent stutters and sporadic CTDs. Besides this, which I didn't also have before is that , at MSFS initial start-up the computer has a tendency to warm up by 20C and after something is loading in the background will resume normal temperatures. Issues that I didn't notice before this last update. I didn't change any settings, drivers, or anything, it just started after the last one. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I have an i7 - 10700K at stock 3.8Ghz. I am happy to report that turning off the rolling cache gave me a smooth arrival at KSLC just now while using FSHUD beta 1.3. Going to test again at another busy airport. Farlis, great call!

Heading off to see "Music of Cream" with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce's sons and Eric Clapton's nephew. Boy, I'm old!

Bennett

• Like 1

Have the same problem with 13900k and 4090, now is Rolling cache automatic re-enable with update ? I remember had solved this stutter by deactivated rolling cache 

Frédéric Giraud