Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

Problem Starting MSFS

I have an issue of the opening box of MSFS with the Bora Bora picture, continuously synching data. No addons running. It does not launch MSFS.

Has anyone had this and how did you fix it?

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 hour ago, sauviat said:

I have an issue of the opening box of MSFS with the Bora Bora picture, continuously synching data. No addons running. It does not launch MSFS.

Has anyone had this and how did you fix it?

One cause of this can be something in the community folder it doesn't like.  You could try safe mode or simply rename the community folder for a short while to test.

Just a note.  I had this yesterday after adding some products to the community folder (a new plane, a repaint, and some free scenery from FS.to).
I actually had a CTD when loading the sim at a similar stage to you.

I went back in using safe mode and everything was fine (flew the default C152).  I quit out and went back in using 'normal' mode a short time later, and everything worked.
This is not the first time this has happened and I don't know why it should load one time and not another.  I wonder if it is indexing or something and gets stuck.
MSFS is still such a fragile flower sometimes!

Basically if it hangs or CTD's on the way in, I go back in safe mode, and on the next restart after that (not safe mode), it seems to correct itself.
If you didn't know, 'safe mode' is a bit like renaming the community folder (it doesn't load anything from there), and I think it may also disable add-ons in the Official folder also.

Edited by bobcat999

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Maybe worth logging out of any related accounts such as microsoft, XBox, Steam, etc. and logging back in as a number of users have fixed this problem doing that.

Of course the community folder should be empty, but you have already done that bit.

You might also want to check your internet connection and run a speed test.  I sometimes have to close my connection and reopen it and restart my router to get my full speed 

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

This is an issue that I had huge problems with a few months back that led to a full re-install by me (my own fault).

This has nothing to do with the Community Folder. Its an Xbox Gaming Services issue.

You need to stop the Gaming Services program and restart it to reset the syncing process.

Off the top of my head I'm not sure exactly where you reset it, maybe someone else knows off hand? I don't think it was Task Manager but it was a system similar to that where you can see all the processes running.

I found the fix after searching for a few hours through youtube and various forums.

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I went back in using safe mode and everything was fine 

Safe mode did not do anything.

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

21 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

This has nothing to do with the Community Folder. Its an Xbox Gaming Services issue.

You need to stop the Gaming Services program and restart it to reset the syncing process.

When you say Gaming Services, where is this? Did you mean Xbox Gaming services?

Martin Parr

21 minutes ago, sauviat said:

When you say Gaming Services, where is this? Did you mean Xbox Gaming services?

Yeah, the Xbox Game Service. Like I say, there was a place to "Stop" and "Restart" the process but it wasn't in Task Manager. Apologies if I'm being vague but I'm not that tech savvy, it took me a few hours to find the fix buried somewhere on the MS forums. Hopefully someone else on here knows what I'm talking about and can point in the right direction.

The Sync portion of the startup is caught in a loop and resetting the process gets it moving again once you reboot the sim.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

I had a similar situation and I think that is worth a try if anything else is not working. Go to "Networking and Sharing Center", chose your connection (Ethernet or wifi), which will bring up the Ethernet/wifi status, under Properties check if you have "Internet Protocol Version 6" selected. In my case, I had to de-select that option. After that, that problem went away, I don't have an answer why, but that fixed the issue for me

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Done what I could and started with no addons and only default sim. After 30 minutes or so with the sycn.data it fired into life! Now I will try as normal and let you know.

Started as normal. Thanks for all the assistance.

Edited by sauviat
Update
  • Like 1

Martin Parr

Well, every morning I have had the same and stop and start Gaming Services and reboot and all is well. This morning it just continues and won't start! This is beyond a joke now and I really don't know.

Any further ideas welcomed.

Martin

Martin Parr