Sign in to follow this  

Please vote here for us almost forgotten VR simmers

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-remember-vr-pilots/591855

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Voted.

I would be happy if they could bring VR back to the state shortly after initial implementation when nearly all was fine and properly working.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Whuts wrong with VR?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For starters:

- Scaling on some Toolbar APPs is broken since the last SU. Some devs repaired it, but others (Flightsim Discovery...) didn't .

- The mouse pointer has some parallax error and is hard to point to some buttons (it sometimes helps to close one eye).

- Mouse movement is generall sloppy.  

- When shutting down the engine on the apron, the panel "jumps away" for a couple of seconds and returns afterward. Destroys all immersion.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Whuts wrong with VR?

Along with the above;

- SU7 bugs still persist with mouseover on toolbar Windows

- horizon jumping bug since SU5 not fixed

- still no single eye on mirror desktop

- controller support still not up to par with other Sims (according to some that use them, I don't)

- still no head pointer AFAIK

- Plus tons of other issues/bugs as seen on the official forum 

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Whuts wrong with VR?

Not only the problems mentioned above but also: when experience is smooth passing the airport building, as soon as you turn a little bit you get stutters. Even when taxiing , so at very low angular velocities. And that was better in SU6 (or so).

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

17 hours ago, pmb said:

For starters:

- Scaling on some Toolbar APPs is broken since the last SU. Some devs repaired it, but others (Flightsim Discovery...) didnt

If you hold down the shift key whilst the mouse is on the panel header, and zoom in with the mouse wheel, you can change the scaling of the panel.    It's a good temporary fix until MSFS fixes this scaling issue, or I re-engineer the panel which I'm going to look into this week.

19 minutes ago, precog said:

If you hold down the shift key whilst the mouse is on the panel header, and zoom in with the mouse wheel, you can change the scaling of the panel.    It's a good temporary fix until MSFS fixes this scaling issue, or I re-engineer the panel which I'm going to look into this week.

Yes, I know, this works. But it's really a temporary fix only. Would be great if you could repair FSD... thank you.

Kind regards, Michael