Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

View Cockpit Gauges on separate monitor or i-pad

Community,

I'm loving the ability to view various views on a separate monitor or i-pad or other like Navigraph.

Are there any utilities or software that allows us to do the same for viewing specific gauges in the cockpit like altitude and speed?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

What I understand is that Air manager or RemoteFlight  help you create a new gauge to your liking on the iPad, networked with your MSFS aircraft. It does not transport an existing gauge as is from the aircraft  to the remote screen, like the  Garmin 4/ 530 or the panel in the Cabri for instance. Is that it ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What I understand is that Air manager or RemoteFlight  help you create a new gauge to your liking on the iPad, networked with your MSFS aircraft. It does not transport an existing gauge as is from the aircraft  to the remote screen, like the  Garmin 4/ 530 or the panel in the Cabri for instance. Is that it ?

No it does not but google: simstrumentation

They made bezels for air manager with working switches for a few gps devices, then you can popout the gps screen in msfs and insert it in the bezel.

When you use google: Msfs popout panel manager, this will popout and resize the panels for you automatically 

Simstrumentation made also a lot of instruments. And Air Manager has hundreds of instruments by default with which you can make your own panels.

To give you an impression, this is my setup for Flysimware Cessna 414 which I made last week, overhead is touchscreen. On the IPad is TDS Gtn 750.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I only have Remote Flight, and no, you can't drag and drop a gauge from within MSFS onto the Ipad. R.F. comes with a  selection of gauges, modern and vintage, which you can then mix and match ( up to a total of six ) on the Ipad screen. While they function in the same way, they don't always look like the gauge in the VC. So, for example, you can have a vintage VC like Dave Garwood's Rapide or Ant's Tiger Moth, but with modern instruments on the Ipad.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The problem I have with Remote Flight is that some of the gauges do not work with third party complex aircraft. In FSX, ie I had problems mapping the ALT +- to the Flysimware MU2, because of the way they designed the set altitude gauge.

it is a great application, very well done.