Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

Active Sky X-Plane 12 - FREE UPDATE ENDS TODAY (May 19th)

I don't know if this has been posted already. But you get Active Sky for XP 12 as a free update till the end of today, May 19.

Edited by flyingpauls
  • Like 2

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Thanks Paul for reminding us!

I have made sure my license was migrated to XP12, some weeks ago, even though in between I uninstalled XP12 twice 🤣

Anyway, just a thumbs up regarding the quality of this weather injector, and all of the features it brings to the "table".

Last night I was testing the TOGA MU-2 and I went searching for bad weather spost in badbadweather.com...

Whenever I placed the aircraft for takeoff at a chosen ( for the sake of nasty weather ) airfield the wind was far from what was reported in the METAR... so, I opted for ASXP12 and Voilá! I finally was getting the correct parameters and able to test the MU-2 under really tricky weather conditions.

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I already put this up on the AVSIM home page a few days ago so as many folks might see it as possible.  Though I've been using the ASXP12 beta, I was flying in P3D this last week and I'd have completely missed it save for a previous forum post here (hat tip: @Matchstick).

And for anyone that's missed the news--you need to install, activate, and run the RC2 or release version at least one time before the end of day today (19 May) to lock in the free upgrade from ASXP to ASXP12.  Use of a previous beta version won't hack it.

Edit: I edited the thread title to put more focus on the time-sensitivity.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I have active sky for xp11.  Love the program,  Can someone please teel me how I port the license over to get the xp12 version?

Thank you

Just download the XP12 ASXP installer from the hifi site...install with your XP11 licence number...suggest you install in a different folder than your XP11 version...that way you can still use both.

Ian Cameron

8 hours ago, cbreeze said:

I have active sky for xp11.  Love the program. Can someone please teel me how I port the license over to get the xp12 version?

You can't anymore, I think. That offer ended on Friday. They said "with no exceptions".

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.