Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

EHAM which version P3D 4.5

Hi Guys

There are a couple of things that I have always wanted to do when it comes to flight sim, one is a transatlantic flight and the other is to recreate some of the flights I have done in real life. 

I have flown from London Luton (EGGW) to Schiphol (EHAM) many times and am looking to replicate this particular flight. I have the UK2000 for Luton and would dearly like to get a scenery add on for EHAM, I gather that Fly Tampa has two versions. I have read online that it can be quite a demanding airport due to it's size so I am not sure which version to go for.

I don't mind if its not 100 percent accurate am just looking for something to add to the immersion.

Im running a RTX2080 with an I5 9600K running at 4.8Ghz on a single 1080P screen. I'm also using ORBX Global and EU landclass.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Daz

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hi Daz,

I’ve had the FlyTampa EHAM for several years. Yes, it’s demanding on my system (see specs in sig) but I run in 4K and have AIG Ai aircraft populating many gates.

My CPU is more powerful than yours but you have a more powerful GPU plus you’re running at a lower resolution.

FT provide a utility so you can toggle extra features on/off to help performance. The runway configuration remains unchanged and having just a single terminal means that’s probably still current.

I’m only aware of one version for P3D v5. https://www.flytampa.org/eham.html

With careful selection of the options I think you’ll be fine. I can maintain 30fps most of the time but on approach it does drop to the low 20s. Lowering Ai would probably help.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Go with Flytampa Amsterdam V2. In my experience, it looks and performs better than their V1 version but others may have a different recommendation 

• Like 1

Orman

Mind your specs no matter what version you take you will experience drops in performance, because both versions are very heavy. I have V2 but I am on i7 9700KF and RTX 4090. My advice - take v2, because v1 has some issues, for example texture flickering on certain systems. And if I were you I would consider upgrade of the system. As you know P3D is mostly CPU-bound, so a good CPU is essential. 

On 5/19/2023 at 6:05 PM, Dazkent said:

Hi Guys

There are a couple of things that I have always wanted to do when it comes to flight sim, one is a transatlantic flight and the other is to recreate some of the flights I have done in real life. 

I have flown from London Luton (EGGW) to Schiphol (EHAM) many times and am looking to replicate this particular flight. I have the UK2000 for Luton and would dearly like to get a scenery add on for EHAM, I gather that Fly Tampa has two versions. I have read online that it can be quite a demanding airport due to it's size so I am not sure which version to go for.

I don't mind if its not 100 percent accurate am just looking for something to add to the immersion.

Im running a RTX2080 with an I5 9600K running at 4.8Ghz on a single 1080P screen. I'm also using ORBX Global and EU landclass.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Daz

Your PC is miles better than mine, and the original version of FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol runs just fine on mine. Frankly, it is extremely impressive that it runs at all on my PC with 100+ custom AI planes on the ground and in the air.....and that is with ORBx TrueEarth Netherlands running at maximum scenery complexity and autogen density in the background.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png