Sign in to follow this  
BobP

FEX XGraphics UTX ASX

Guest Xiderpunk

Hi Danny,I have given some more information about the weather component above and will soon be in a position to post more information on our website.Regards,Chris

>This will be fully integrated into the GUI of FEX for>configuration, however once it is launched. FEX itself is>closed down with a small background process which does the>weather processing and feeds that to FSX. This is so we can>minimize the memory and cpu footprint whilst it is running.>Chris this sounds great how will this influence the custom made themes and interaction?Cheers,Andr

André

Is the program going to feed off METAR data in time intervals and use that to influence the weather sets within FSX?? ie...like ASX?? I have stopped running FEX at the moment because I only fly in real world weather and found turning on real world weather within FSX while running FEX textures.. not quite right. It would be raining, but no clouds in the sky...thought it might be my end, so I reinstalled Xgraphics and ASX and the problem did not exist. So...instead of trying to wing it, I will let you guys get the weather component done, and I will hop right back on board..Danon -

Guest Xiderpunk

Hi Danon,Yes indeed, it reads METAR data periodically.I use Real World weather all the time and not noticed this problem you are describing. Usually real world weather will work as well as third party weather engines because FEX at the moment is only the textures used rather than the display of clouds in the sky. So using FEX/XGraphics/Default textures should never cause clouds not to appear.Kind regards,Chris

I will give it another go. I guess there were clouds, but it looked like a scattered day, and I was getting mass rainfall. It is probably my end, I was just wondering if I was doing the correct thing. Xgraphics will all FEX textures unticked, FEX running, and FSX real world weather....round 2.Danon -